• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate6512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Fishers
    Any recommendations on an Indy-area supplier that has a decent holster selection (and possibly belts)? I'm looking for my first CCW holster and would like to be able to actually handle some different styles/manufacturers. Online is nice when you know exactly what you want (or have some previous holsters to compare against), but I thought I'd see if there was anyone local that I could support.

Are there a few suppliers in the area that IPD and Marion Co. tend to use (that are non-LEO friendly)?

I live in Fishers, but anywhere in the Indy area would be fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Other than "duty" stuff, I think that we're pretty much stuck with mail-order for belts. There's just too much variability in people's sizes for a merchant to be able to afford much stock.

Same way with holsters, actually. Other than the few shops that keep Blackhawk, Fobus, and Galco hanging around...it's mostly mail order. Depending on your firearm, you can find decent Galco stuff (sometimes!) At Gander Mountain or, here on the south side, Elmore's. Plainfield Shooter Supply might also have some of the more "generic" holsters to use, too.

MY first look at holsters takes me to High Noon Holsters... Reasonably priced on just about everything they carry. But...like a certain kind of shoes, they're not for everyone.

-J-

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't have it yet but based on universal praise for his products, I ordered a belt from the Beltman. Double layer bullhide for $60. Horsehide and more exotic leathers are available. Looks like great stuff. About a 4-6 week lead time. I did the same for holsters. I love leather and wanted custom hand made. I ended up buying from Side Guard Holsters - Home Page . Moderately priced at around $60. I liked his holsters but didn't like his mag holder or belt. I agree with the comment about High Noon. Just looking at their website is a blast. Read their FAQs to learn all there is to know about the leather holster business. I'm seeing a new guy on this site called Bluegrass Holsters. As the name implies, he's from KY. He's new but his stuff looks pretty good. Let us know what you end up buying and write up a review. Good luck.

bowtech29

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    new castle, indiana
    Steven R Jenkins carries blackhawk, fobus, safariland holsters and belts for duty and off duty. They are located @ 21st and shadeland (indy) they are non-LEO friendly.

Last edited:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I agree on the belts, pretty much something your going to want to order.

For a holster...

Go to the Indy 1500 and have Raven Concealment make you a holster. Only one you will ever need. :)

Top Bottom