• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Personally, I like it. Books are nice because you have a hard copy.

But, you pay for the mebership, go print crazy, and you're set and it's much cheaper than buying 3 or 4 different manuals.

So, for me, I like it and use it a lot.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    I flippin love it. Print like mad. Wish you could search by bullet type, but have had good luck google-ing such and such bullet loaddata. You can go to site and see most of what it offers, they keep the powder charge for members but can load search with out a membership. Also all the data from handloader mag is in there, it ain't in Lymans manuals thats for sure.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I had free access for a day, a couple of years ago. I don't remember much about it. I didn't think it was worth becoming a member, at the time. The site having info from Handloader mag is nice. I have been a subscriber to that mag since the late 1980s. Lots of good info in there. It's the only gun mag I subscribe to, other than the NRA mags.

Handloads.Com Load Data - Handloads.Com
    seems to have a lot of info, mostly from powder or bullet manufacturers. There is a lot of other good info on their home page; http://www.handloads.com/

If you shoot cast bullets, check out this site: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/ Lots of good info in there as well.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    There have been more changes in load data recently than I have seen in the last few decades with common favorites from the popular powder brands. Essentially, all my manuals and data up to about ten years ago have some pretty big changes in load data compared to what the powder manufacturer's are publishing today.

For example, check any older reference for an AA#5 or #7 load in 9mm 115 FMJ versus what Accurate shows online at their website now and you'll see almost an entire grain weight in difference between old and new start and stop grains for the same loads.

Makes you wonder how they published data for the exact same load with such a difference in charge weights then and now?

Last edited:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Great Info

There have been more changes in load data recently than I have seen in the last few decades with common favorites from the popular powder brands. Essentially, all my manuals and data up to about ten years ago have some pretty big changes in load data compared to what the powder manufacturer's are publishing today.

For example, check any older reference for an AA#5 load in 9mm 115 FMJ (or most 9mm loads) versus what Accurate shows online at their website now and you'll see almost an entire grain weight in difference between old and new start and stop grains. They have done extensive recent in house testing in reducing the cartridge COL to get speeds and pressure to run with the old loads in reduced lengths and charge weights.

Whatever powder your using to load with, at least review current load data straight from the powder company these days.

++1TH

All hand loaders, esp. The new ones NEED to keep in mind the OAL vs pressure facts..Great post Rep. Inbound..Bill

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    ++1TH

All hand loaders, esp. The new ones NEED to keep in mind the OAL vs pressure facts..Great post Rep. Inbound..Bill

Thank you. I guess it was about three years ago I was reading a box of Hornady Critical Defense .380 ammunition that stated it ran @1000 FPS from a 2" barrel. Impossible, so I thought. Bought that box, took it home and ran a magazine over the chronograph. They were spot on with what the box stated for speed, which caused me to go looking for ANY data that supported such a load. ~It didn't exist

I started measuring and pulling those loads down to see what made them tick. It was then it occurred to me that the speed and pressure wasn't some magic powder formulation, but rather a much shorter COL than anything I had seen data for. I have since safely duplicated it with a very fast burning powder with a light charge and short COL.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom