• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

courtesy-Capitol-police-MAGA-hat-1200.jpg
    Wow. I wouldn't want to be that poor guy. He's going to have to move in with Kanye.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They still don't understand allowing yourself to get taken alive just means you get to run the gauntlet. Might as well go down fighting. True heirs to Neville Chamberlain
    Pretty much. Indiana Senators need to understand their place and not play the politics. If the House does have the balls to approve articles and it goes to the Senate, I’d only accept our Senators voting to convict if there were really very strong evidence that Trump had planned out and intended this to happen. I mean like Nixon Watergate tapes kind of strong evidence. Otherwise it’s chicanery to impeach a President on ******** charges when he’s leaving office in a few days. Guys like Kut might want to see it. But that’s purely spite.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    McCarthy wrote that he remains opposed to impeachment, writing it would "have the opposite effect of bringing our country together when we need to get America back on a path towards unity and civility."

He said members across the conference had recommended other avenues to address the riots in the Capitol on Wednesday, including creating a bipartisan commission to study the attack, reforming the Electoral Count Act of 1887 and crafting legislation to "promote voter confidence in future federal elections."
    There’s a legislator who seems to gives a **** about the well-being of the nation, more than personal spite, revenge, and partisan political posturing. Spiteful people suck. They are the truly deplorable people.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The only reason to impeach or do the 25th now is to legitimize the actions Nancy and pence have taken to seize power from the president. A coup if you will.

They know they can’t keep it secret forever, either the whole trump family gets the Romanov treatment or he gets out of confinement and tells the maga crowd he was detained.

In this very complicated situation this is the simplest answer and therefore the most likely.
    Of course Elon musk tweeted a different reason for the probable outcome

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The only reason to impeach or do the 25th now is to legitimize the actions Nancy and pence have taken to seize power from the president. A coup if you will.

They know they can’t keep it secret forever, either the whole trump family gets the Romanov treatment or he gets out of confinement and tells the maga crowd he was detained.

In this very complicated situation this is the simplest answer and therefore the most likely.
    Of course Elon musk tweeted a different reason for the probable outcome

The actions of Pence? :scratch:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    There were reports that he is the one that authorized troop movements to the capital. He is not the commander in chief unless the president was rendered unable to perform his job last I checked.
    National Guard troops are under the states not the president unless he nationalizes the Guard right? IF that is right then governors could send them at the request of the DC people, but I dont' think a federal authorization is necessary. If Trump declared an emergency in DC until after the inauguration that would justify moving in Guard troops. Are there also regular army or something moving in?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There were reports that he is the one that authorized troop movements to the capital. He is not the commander in chief unless the president was rendered unable to perform his job last I checked.
    :facepalm: The guard SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED. If the POTUS DIDN’T do it, that should be troubling. In absense of the POTUS not doing his duty to protect the Capitol, absolutely it is within pence’s oath of office and his duty, to have taken such actions.

Later, in Trump’s address on the breach, he said that HE himself ordered the national guard. So was the President lying?

Pence is not the badguy here. If there is a badguy it is the people who stormed the Capitol. Which I admit there are two classes, one with intent, and another with less culpability, acting with the low collective wisdom of an angry mob.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So the left has been talking about a coup for the last two months. The assumption was the coup would be Trump not following the Constitution and not leaving January 20th in a peaceful transition of power.

Who would have known that they really meant Nancy would lead the coup to remove a current, sitting President rather than following the Constitution and inaugurating the President elect on January 20th.

What Nancy and her minions are doing is tantamount to a coup for the purpose of power and political gain.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    :facepalm: The guard SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED. If the POTUS DIDN’T do it, that should be troubling. In absense of the POTUS not doing his duty to protect the Capitol, absolutely it is within pence’s oath of office and his duty, to have taken such actions.

Later, in Trump’s address on the breach, he said that HE himself ordered the national guard. So was the President lying?

Pence is not the badguy here. If there is a badguy it is the people who stormed the Capitol. Which I admit there are two classes, one with intent, and another with less culpability, acting with the low collective wisdom of an angry mob. lol
    National Guard troops are under the states not the president unless he nationalizes the Guard right? IF that is right then governors could send them at the request of the DC people, but I dont' think a federal authorization is necessary. If Trump declared an emergency in DC until after the inauguration that would justify moving in Guard troops. Are there also regular army or something moving in?
    Right from the lefts gospel cnn. Pence took the lead on bringing in national guard.

“Safeguards in place between Donald trump and any military action”

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    So we are "arguing" over which team has the worse clowns? They are all clowns.
    Nope, you’re right. Anyone who destroys public or private property should pay.
    I just think the punishment should be the same across the board.
    And I was just pointing out the hypocrisy.
    Looks like they’re trying to dig up everything possible to charge these guys with, which would be fine if if they were doing the same the last few years.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    D.C. isn’t in a state.
    But I’m sure you already know that.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    D.C. isn’t in a state.
    But I’m sure you already know that.
    Yes, but I don't think the Guard troops moving in are all from DC meaning they would come from other states if the term moving in means what I think it means. Could be wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom