Not open for further replies.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I spent about a month reading the entire archive, bout a jillion posts. Saw many folks come and go. In one, it may have been tin can, two fellas told each other how many posts they had in that thread alone, it was in the triple digits. IIRC it was over 300.

I learned a lot about this venue from that one thread, saw legends begin. Sometime laughing so hard I had tears running down my cheeks. The mods were much more unforgiving then.

That read is what convinced me to make INGO my first and only venture into social media. And it still is. I’ll get my 50 quality posts someday, (maybe).

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    The picture below was my avatar for years here at INGO. When stupid uncle Joe first made the "You need F-15s and atomic bombs to take on the government" comments a lot of mushroom clouds showed up as avatars. I went with the F-15Cs of the Black Knights (57th Fighter Interceptor Squadron Keflavik, Iceland) intercepting a Tu-95 Bear since I was stationed there for a while when the Rooskies were breaking our airspace every 3 days on average.

I still had the F-15s up when I got the call from CM to join the staff. A pair of Eagles intercepting a Bear during the Cold War seems more Mod-like than the funny road sign (although the funny road sign is a good fit for me.)

Piggybacking on @Bigtanker 's comment, what he described was a whole different deal. If you hijack a Mod's avatar and run amuck, that is a problem. CM had the terrorists in his avatar for years (I can remember when his was a pic of him on his Harley, that's a long time ago.) Some members I just glance at the avatar and know who it is. (To name just a few) Bigtanker's Kenworth, D.Kaufman's Ben Franklin, Expat's William F. Buckley, BBI's squirrel in a fedora, Cameramonkey's "I Like Chocolate Milk", Printcraft's... well Printcraft's avatar.

If you change them out just seeing which one works for you, no prob here.

View attachment 222031
    The bacon underwear doesn’t get and honorable mention? I received many stern comments when I changed it for a little bit from folks because they missed its subtle messaging LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Redhood
    Top Bottom