• ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    costin Hunting Supplies ?? in NE Indy

on the Henry rifle web site they have a search function for henry Repeating Arms dealers and this was one. I haven't heard of it prior to this so does anyone know anything about it? Is it an actual store front? I map-quested it and it looks like a commercial property. Henry Repeating Arms Company - Dealer Search

Costin Hunting Supplies
    dd_right.gif
    clear.gif
    Address:7002 N Graham Rd Suite 220
    Indianapolis, IN 46220
    USAPhone:(317) 598-1077

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

hunter_47443

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Greene Co.
    hey my lyon's buddy...do they have a good supply of powders and rifle primers on that side of the river?...:ar15:

Yes, they do.
    As a matter of fact, I was in there today asking about prices for powder, depends on what you need...$13-$23 per pound.
    If you buy in quantity, it gets cheaper
    I got 1000 rds of small rifle primers last week for $36.38
    Also, if they don't have it, they will order it for you.
    Jarod priced 1000 rds of .223 ammo to me for $190 ( Silver Wolf )
    Give them a try, if you want, let me know ahead of time & I'll go with you.:rockwoot:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Yes, they do.
    As a matter of fact, I was in there today asking about prices for powder, depends on what you need...$13-$23 per pound.
    If you buy in quantity, it gets cheaper
    I got 1000 rds of small rifle primers last week for $36.38
    Also, if they don't have it, they will order it for you.
    Jarod priced 1000 rds of .223 ammo to me for $190 ( Silver Wolf )
    Give them a try, if you want, let me know ahead of time & I'll go with you.:rockwoot:

i'll be gettin' a hold of ya...i say a little lunch and go to the gun shop.....that .223 price sounds good:ar15::ar15::ar15:

ol' AR and MINI will eat a little of that!!!:ar15::ar15::ar15:

rsadwa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ace and Rico is about to have a Grand opening on Earl Ave here in Lafayette and Applied Ballistics are open and going strong with the Gun shop and updated Range on Olympia drive. Very cool to have a shooting range here in Lafayette of this caliber. It is worth the drive from anywhere in NW Indiana. Also there amo is very reasonable. Jim

I agree regarding the two Lafayette establishments. Ace and Rico have very good prices and are very friendly. Also, very reasonable transfers. The Applied Ballistics range is a major improvement over the range previously at the same location. I plan to make the drive again soon from Indy to this fine range.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Spreadsheet of Gun Shops
    This was put together by lovemywoods
    You can find the spreadsheed on Google Docs
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApylPpxUJTuqdHNZYVQ5dm84cmNzV2FBRUVuaV9CS0E&hl=en

If you want to be able to sort and reformat, you’ll need to export this file to an .xls file. The command is under ‘File / Export.’

I split the state into nine 'zones', like a tic-tac-toe board. Zone 1 is the north west portion of the state. The original file has the map on a separate tab. The Google version doesn't have the map. I'll see if esrice wants to upload that too. The zone designations are used in the first column of the spreadsheet.

The listing can be sorted any way you want, by zone, by city, by zip code, by store name, etc. Use the sort function under 'Data' on the top bar of the Excel program.

The columns also have an 'auto filter' feature. Click on the little triangle at the top of a column and then select the item you want to filter on. The program will list only those lines that match that choice. To return to the full listing, select 'All'.

I did my best to distill the various good and bad posts about a particular dealer. With just two or three lines, I hope to convey the experiences our members have had.

I would like to receive corrections and additions. I will add them to the listing and re-publish. Send me a PM with your corrections and additions.

Last edited:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Tom Tom GPS POI File
    This was put together by Scutter01. Current version is 112, and is hosted right here at INGO.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/files/POI112.zip

I will update this thread any time I update the POI file. Currently, the database contains over 100 Indiana gun shops and ranges. I included sporting goods stores that carry AK/AR types like Dunham's and Gander Mountain, but excluded a few that are strictly hunting stores, like Dick's. I've also included phone numbers wherever possible.

In some cases, the coordinates I was able to track down were for the mailing address and not the actual physical location. Atterbury FWA is one example where the address is in town, but the range is a mile away. I've manually corrected them where possible, but if you come across one that's off, please let me know and I'll update it.

If your favorite gun shop or range wasn't included, please provide a street address and phone number and I'll add it. Actual addresses only, please. "The corner of 5th and Main, across from the post office in Podunk, IN" will not be added.

I can also provide the file in a small variety of other GPS formats, but as I only have a TomTom, I have no way to test to make sure it will work. If you want it, let me know, but you'll be on your own with it.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...22.280273&t=h&z=6&iwloc=0004704435dfb6f4201c2

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I didn't include the thread of the list of Indiana gun shops because it was pretty outdated. Also, I know some of the shops on the spreadsheet are no longer around, and there are some new ones that aren't on there. If anyone wants to help me go through both the list (thread) and the spreadsheet please send me a PM and we can figure out what needs to change.

NOTE: I do not take credit for creating any of these resources. I am just trying to put them all together in one thread for ease of use by INGO.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Are you able to add and delete? I see my shop on one and not another. Tactical Shotgunner is not listed on either. Just to name a few. What kind of help do you need? I would be happy to assist if I can.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    If you want to be able to sort and reformat, you’ll need to export this file to an .xls file.

snip

FYI, you can also sort directly on the Google Docs version without downloading.

Choose the "List view" from the View menu (within the webpage, not the browser's one)
    37ts

Then you can select a city or zone or whatever from the drop down box.
    37uf

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Spreadsheet Updated.

Change log:
    Removed Burnham's (W. Lafayette)
    Removed Sportsman's Warehouse (Lafayette)

Added Ace and Rico (Lafayette)

Added Applied Ballistics Systems Inc. (Lafayette)
    Added Tippecanoe Sport Shop (Lafayette)
    Added Indy Trading Post (Indianapolis)

B&D Guns - Doesn't seem to be an actual storefront.
    Thank you to those that have contributed so far. If anyone would like to look at the shops around their area to check for errors or omissions it would be appreciated. Just shoot me with a PM with the changes that need to be made.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Are you able to add and delete? I see my shop on one and not another. Tactical Shotgunner is not listed on either. Just to name a few. What kind of help do you need? I would be happy to assist if I can.
    Tactical Shotgunner still looks like it isn't on there. AKA TSG Guns, 2621 Shelby St, Indianapolis, IN

Top Bottom