• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    OK, I will stipulate I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I do still have an edge!

I did not know you could get a "LIFETIME" LTCH in Indiana?
    What a bargain!
    My wife and I both just went in to renew our permits and VA-WA-LA we renewed for life. Cost was $40.00 each to the county & $60.00 each that you send in to the State with your app. It is higher for a first time app's but don't know how much.

I thought this was something that those (morons like me) that might not know about this option, should be passed along to, just in case I am not alone on this.

Hopefully I am not looking too stupid over this.
    Anyway, BACK TO WORK!
    :patriot:

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Congratulations. And be glad you did it now. Rumor has it that the lifetime will be going away in the near future.(Just like the lifetime hunting & fishing) I'm sure it has to do with revenue, or loss thereof.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I did not know you could get a "LIFETIME" LTCH in Indiana?
    What a bargain!
    My wife and I both just went in to renew our permits and VA-WA-LA we renewed for life. Cost was $40.00 each to the county & $60.00 each that you send in to the State with your app. It is higher for a first time app's but don't know how much.

$100 bucks to exercise your RIGHT to defend yourself? Bargain? These sorts of permitting and licensing scheming are total bull@#$%. Sure I pay the extortion fee as well... but to call it a bargain? :n00b:

States like Alaska and Vermont have it right, no permits or licenses.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    $100 bucks to exercise your RIGHT to defend yourself? Bargain? These sorts of permitting and licensing scheming are total bull@#$%. Sure I pay the extortion fee as well... but to call it a bargain? :n00b:

Geeeeeeeeeeez!:dunno:

Do the math :dumbass:, which is a better deal, that was all I meant!
    Pay every 4 years or just once more for a hundred bucks?

Don't think you have to be a "rocket surgeon" to understand in simple fee's, it is a BARGAIN!

Now if you want to start you own anti gov rant be my guest, there is plenty to rant about, so go rant away!

All I was trying to do is let those, like myself, that didn't know this is an option know that they have an option to pay every 4 years or as I choose just once more!

Now I just hope I can get my money's worth out of the deal.:n00b:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Glad you're getting the lifetime!

In Michigan when I was younger, they tried the lifetime thing for hunting licenses but went back to the regular license structure after some years (don't recall why, probably revenue).

However, those that took advantage of the lifetime hunting option got to keep them.

Our mileage may vary if Indiana ever goes back, but I think a strong argument could be made along contractual lines and they'd have a time of it trying to renege on the deal with the lifetime holders.

Time will tell.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Congratulations. And be glad you did it now. Rumor has it that the lifetime will be going away in the near future.(Just like the lifetime hunting & fishing) I'm sure it has to do with revenue, or loss thereof.

Says who? There's no current or pending legislation to repeal the lifetime LTCH.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Says who? There's no current or pending legislation to repeal the lifetime LTCH.

Silly Scutter, his mother-in-law's brother's sitster's bestfriend's cousin told him :D

But really, I've heard ppl on the internet say that since I got my license a while back, and I always tell them about the lack of legislative action in order to remove it...but they never listen :rolleyesedit:

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I'm still upset my wife made me give up my Lifetime Arizona Drivers License. They stopped doing those too.

Can you renew your LTCH at any time or do you have to wait until six months prior to expiration?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm still upset my wife made me give up my Lifetime Arizona Drivers License. They stopped doing those too.

Can you renew your LTCH at any time or do you have to wait until six months prior to expiration?

You can only renew if your license is within six months of expiring. If the renewal is filed within 30 days of expiration, the existing license is automatically extended beyond its expiration date until the renewal application is either approved or denied by the Superintendent.

Norm Dicks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008

Sounds like a pretty good deal if you ask me, you didn't I know, but at least I understood what he was saying.

Why aren't you living in AK or VT?
    Just curious

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway

Does anyone know what would happen if I applied for a lifetime permit, outside of the 6 months of the expiration date?

Would they just deny it?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Does anyone know what would happen if I applied for a lifetime permit, outside of the 6 months of the expiration date?

Would they just deny it?

In theory, yes, but don't forget that the first thing they do is cash your check and the last thing they do is enter your name in the system. It might be a while before you got your money back from your untimely application.

Blessings,
    B

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Sounds like a pretty good deal if you ask me, you didn't I know, but at least I understood what he was saying.

Why aren't you living in AK or VT?
    Just curious

I might as well be, I'm not a fan of the corruption of BS the residents of this state tolerate. IN is simply "the best of the worst" until I'm done with working in ILL.

I understand perfectly well what he meant. I just don't go jumping for joy at paying for the privilege of defending myself when it's my God given Right. They repealed the 'poll tax'. Why these Jim Crow laws are still on the books and why they are still supported by so many racists is mind boggling.

In short I may be playing by the system rules, but at least I realize I'm a slave. Most people seem to be oblivious that fact.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    In theory, yes, but don't forget that the first thing they do is cash your check and the last thing they do is enter your name in the system. It might be a while before you got your money back from your untimely application.

Blessings,
    B
    True, but it might be worth the wait to see if it actually goes through or not. I guess it's worth trying? :dunno:

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Is it BS having to pay to exercise a Constitutional Right? Yes it is!

Is it worth $100 +/- [don't remember the exact cost] to get an Indiana Lifetime LTCH? I was 50, two years ago when I got mine. What is the average lifespan of a white American male? Mid 70's? That means I should come out ahead of the four year fee of $35 +/- per year.

My 77 year old father refuses to renew his license. ["Those Bastards get enough of my money"]. I plead the 5th as to whether he carries or not!

Top Bottom