• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MWCMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    South
    Those guys look too clean to have just assaulted the compound. Maybe they found new uniforms there and cleaned up? :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Remember the faces of tomorrow's enemy. They'll have their rifles pointed at our troops before long.

And they'd probably have a pretty good reason for do so.... assuming theyre not riding camels down Main St USA...

Translation: if we leave them the hell alone and stay home, I doubt Libyans will be pointing guns at Americans.

Edit: I may be completely wrong about this, and I've been wrong millions of times before, but I thinking Libya won't turn out like Iran or Afghanistan. One thing that is glaringly obvious (as a difference), is that the Libyan Transitional Govt has apparently acted independent of foreign hands. I've been looking at this conflict with great interest, and the steps they are taking are very similar to a nation wishing to form a democracy.
    I think one of the best things Libya has going for it, is that is wedged between somewhat "moderate" nations... Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia. But we will see.

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    And they'd probably have a pretty good reason for do so.... assuming theyre not riding camels down Main St USA...

Translation: if we leave them the hell alone and stay home, I doubt Libyans will be pointing guns at Americans.

Edit: I may be completely wrong about this, and I've been wrong millions of times before, but I thinking Libya won't turn out like Iran or Afghanistan. One thing that is glaringly obvious (as a difference), is that the Libyan Transitional Govt has apparently acted independent of foreign hands. I've been looking at this conflict with great interest, and the steps they are taking are very similar to a nation wishing to form a democracy.
    I think one of the best things Libya has going for it, is that is wedged between somewhat "moderate" nations... Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia. But we will see.

Is that why there are already reports that Al Qaeda is already meeting with the rebels to set up training camps in exchange for helping the rebels win? Did the camels fly to Lockerbie? Did they ride camels into the Disco in Berlin that killed American soldiers?

Egypt is forming a democracy too ... with the Muslim Brotherhood at its helm. Libya is directly to the East of Egypt. Why do you think that Libya, who was a huge exporter of terrorism and had terrorist training centers throughout the country in the past (some would maintain they still do) will be any less radical than Egypt is turning out to be, when Egypt has always been a bit more Western-friendly than Libya?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is that why there are already reports that Al Qaeda is already meeting with the rebels to set up training camps in exchange for helping the rebels win? Did the camels fly to Lockerbie? Did they ride camels into the Disco in Berlin that killed American soldiers?

Egypt is forming a democracy too ... with the Muslim Brotherhood at its helm. Libya is directly to the East of Egypt. Why do you think that Libya, who was a huge exporter of terrorism and had terrorist training centers throughout the country in the past (some would maintain they still do) will be any less radical than Egypt is turning out to be, when Egypt has always been a bit more Western-friendly than Libya?

That was state sponsored ala Wacky Kadaffy. As for AQ setting up camps, who knows? It certainly is possible, but those reports I'd look at with a suspicious eye... there are plenty of reason why someone would want to put American boots on the ground in Libya.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    That was state sponsored ala Wacky Kadaffy. As for AQ setting up camps, who knows? It certainly is possible, but those reports I'd look at with a suspicious eye... there are plenty of reason why someone would want to put American boots on the ground in Libya.

And his #2 guy is currently negotiating with the rebels to form a political coalition. The power base will change; the faces may change; but the idology will remain the same.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I may be displaying my ignorance for all to see, but I do not understand why all at once we are participating in trying to change regimes in many of the moslem countries of the mid-east and northern Africa. Egypt was about the closest thing we had to an ally. Lybia was reasonably under control and we knew what we had in office. Syria is not a nice place to live, but things could become a lot worse if the wrong groups take over. Iraq and Afghanistan will fall to the radicals the day after we pull out. I do not have a clue as to why we seem to be shooting ourselves in the foot unless O'Bummer has an agenda and a plan to radically change the entire region to one that will look upon the western world much less favorably. He does not seem to support those that may be to our best interest and seems to go from country to country in helping them topple like dominos. I really hope that Israel is making the necessary preparations for what might just be coming. It just seems like the entire region may soon be controlled by the moslem brotherhood and all that goes with it.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

Gotta agree with SemperFi (above on this one). I don't see this ending well for the Libyans. I hope the bast, but fear the worst. Everyone is in cahoots right now all working towards the same goal. Oust Gadhafi, take over. The 132 tribes that are taking part in this rebellion are all going to soon realize that they don't want whoever ends up in charge to be running things so there is another conflict. 10% of those tribes will seize the opportunity to base attacks on other tribes for conflicts from the last (however) many decades.

Like I said I hope for the best, but based on what I've seen, heard, and read brute force and shear violence will rule the day for some time now. Until they have an organized force in place (which will likely come in the form of MB or AQ) chaos will rule. Exactly as you stated previously, I do think Iraq and Afghanistan will fall once we pull out for exactly the same reason stated above.

Top Bottom