Libs mad. Biden isn't extending student loan forbearance, nothing happening with loan forgiveness.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    One of the items I think ought to be revisited is the lender protection from bankruptcy. No lender should be protected from the risk of default. The moral hazard is too high for unethical lending.

We've seen what easy money did to the savings & loan association and mortgage lending businesses and the subsequent bailout of financial institutions for their poor lending decisions. Yet here we have young adults strapped to debt by the same institutions that brought on other credit crises and tell the kids: well, suck it up.

There ought to be a way out for those who will never manage to pay down these loans with their education. Bankruptcy is the typical method for doing so. Their credit records are impacted for a number of years, but it does give them a chance to clean the slate and learn from the experience.
    No, not bankruptcy - four years military service at the pointy end

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    These people decided to incur that debt. They should be held responsible for it. Do they think I should pay for their college?

Logic would dictate that the answer to your question is "no". Unfortunately logic does not apply to the "entitlement" mentality running amuck in many of today's younger generations. Their answer to your question would be the illogical "yes"! Just my :twocents:.

Reactions: Leo

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    These people decided to incur that debt. They should be held responsible for it. Do they think I should pay for their college?
    Well, you've decided to subsidize the lending institutions by providing a guarantee on payment.

So, it isn't really a question of helping, is it? You just prefer to help banks.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The Feds should push ACTUAL forgiveness. You know, the banks get $0 and the schools get $0. We would see a tuition and loaning overhaul before the New Year.
    An interesting idea, but Joe has spent his career in the pocket of finance and credit card companies. No way he's telling those guys they are in for a big haircut.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    An interesting idea, but Joe has spent his career in the pocket of finance and credit card companies. No way he's telling those guys they are in for a big haircut.
    Which is why they have bastardized the word "forgiveness".

Sins are forgiven. Debt is simply passed to the next schmuck.

The current system is designed to fleece as many as possible, and line the pockets of the chosen "winners".

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, this is a hobbyhorse issue for me. I hate the idea of loan pauses and forgiveness. I hated having student loans hanging over my head, but I was smart and my loans were manageable and now they are gone.

It is immoral to get the benefit, agree to pay it back, then try to push the responsibility off on others...then accuse anyone against you worming out of your loans of being "mean". Grow up.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, this is a hobbyhorse issue for me. I hate the idea of loan pauses and forgiveness. I hated having student loans hanging over my head, but I was smart and my loans were manageable and now they are gone.

It is immoral to get the benefit, agree to pay it back, then try to push the responsibility off on others...then accuse anyone against you worming out of your loans of being "mean". Grow up.
    Not to mention if they had studied something useful at a good but not necessarily great school they would owe a lot less and comfortably be able to pay the loans back

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    What if they reformed the loan process to only give loans to those that choose STEM degrees and perhaps a few others that would give the graduates a good chance at earning a decent living when they graduated?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What if they reformed the loan process to only give loans to those that choose STEM degrees and perhaps a few others that would give the graduates a good chance at earning a decent living when they graduated?
    But then where would we find our Transsexual Women's Studies or Workplace Diversity instructors or CRT teachers??

Top Bottom