• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I've watched a couple of these....different groups "against" the tea party. It is always this kind of situation, you have a "calm well-reasoned" viewpoint from the opposing group and the Tea Party is portrayed as some kind of knee-jerk know nothing. They take the top 1% of one group and pit it against the bottom 1% of the other and pass it off as a logical argument. Absurd.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Tea Party represents fiscal responsibility and limited government. The left has been trying to portray the Tea Party as Social Conservatives, for propaganda gains. It will not work.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The Tea Party represents fiscal responsibility and limited government. The left has been trying to portray the Tea Party as Social Conservatives, for propaganda gains. It will not work.
    What we have to do is wait to see if these gop candidates that rode that supposed Tea Party wave into office do represent those views. My guess is that that won't be the case here in Indiana. I think they'll eagerly embrace the social conservatism of Brian Bosma and his ilk. Of course it will destroy any chance that Daniels may have had at a presidential shot, but they don't care, as long as they get their agenda passed. Shoot it's already being discussed in the press.

Social issues could divide Republicans in General Assembly | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Tea Party I am a part of has a mission statement that keeps us on financial topics only. Certainly there will be vast differences between such a large group of people. A specific mission statement keeps us [my local group] focused on relevant issues.

I think there is quite a bit of overlap between the backgrounds of people in the group. I don't speak for all of the 1000's of Tea Party groups throughout the country.

(A) Libertarians
    (B) Non-libertarians for less taxes & less spending.
    (A+B) Tea Party
    venn-diagram.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    First comparison of "supporting war" is abit stupid for me. Im not a Tea partier, but those that I know more closely inclined do not support the neocon war agenda, while being vets themselves.
    -1 for the slant.

By Govt endorsing and making laws to benefit gays, Govt will get bigger, in an issue which is RELIGIOUS. If two men want to hump, fine.. Im disgusted by it, but it's essential that Govt interjecting on religious issues in the name political correct "tolerance" is not the solution.
    -1 for the slant.

Screw it, -10 for this poor presentation. One doesnt need to hate something not to support it, or find it disgusting. On the flip, couldnt I rightly accuse homosexuals of hating straights, with they're desire to effect a religion intended for STRAIGHT people?

Equality, a word that was originally used to suggest no titles could seperate the American people, has turned into a liberal/marxist punch word for "tolerance".

Men are not all made equal, the nerd getting beamed in Gym proves this as does the idiot who flunks 9th Grade American history 2x. We have foolish allowed Govt to interject it's idea of liberal equality in the name to tolerance.

How about we pour some Arsenic down some of these "Libs" throats and see how much they can "tolerate" before falling to the posion. Tolerance & Equality are punch words to attack the traditional world.
    The fool hearty has allowed race, religion, sexual orintention to determine equality and tolerance, with utter stupidity pee'd away more freedom for more Govt.

The war on drugs... Is a failure, a joke, a scam... Preaching to the choir. However, the lethality of certain drugs is an issue with our society. And many Drugs, when used irresponsibly have many life altering in a dire direction effections.

A Coke head who'll rob, rape and kill a women fo' just wittle more is threat, and whose to say he wouldnt have been that way had he never been introduced?

But now this goes to our education & justice system..... Want to open up that can of worms? Or maybe the effects of drugs on ethnicity & do comparatives between European drug tolerance & American drug tolerance?

blah blah blah blah yippity yappity.

I wont award a neg, but simply a zero for the stupid arguement as I see it.

And now onto Abortion...

Women who desire, and men who support should be fixed. Irresponsibility should not equate to murder of the innocent.

This is very simple concept. And a women who wants to abort should feel free to pay for it, by herself, and not include me in her sick agenda to screw like a rabbit and not reap it's rewards.

I wonder, if you went and punched a pregnant women, killed the baby, is it murder? Not in the eyes of the libertarian, I guess... And ofcourse now we got the "What if she was raped...." Common sense should be applicable. Again, I have yet to see anyone I know suggest a rape baby should be spared, but then again I dont see any chanting to kill the baby = WHO IS INNOCENT OF THE CRIMES OF HIS FATHER.

How about this.... I go rob a bank, and my son can spend time in prision for me, logic of the wickedly sheeple.

And lastly.... Religion... Allah is NOT the samething as the Christian God. What you theologically dunce cap wearing loons need to realize is that "God" is a representive of the people. The Christian religion bares little resemblence in Africa as it might in America, more akin to some satanic voodoo fluff than anything, this is the same the world over, theologically speaking.

The Abrahamic God is said to be the same, but how can this be, when one demands war, and another demands peace, while yet another suggest someform of supremacy. By the libertarian logic, God is freaking bipolar. But saying the archtype is represented of the cultural ethnic peoples would be too much, huh?

Odin and Zeus are both skyfather Gods... I guess they're one in the same, too. :Rollseyes.

After listening to this crackpot, I am assured that Libertarians are more akin to Social liberals, and almost illogical and halffact in they're approach, after viewing this sleezy video it's fair to say that the author has no problem using properganda and promoting a bias opinion, in what I can only see as issues which are socially destructive.

So my question to the libertarian men, do you pee sitting down?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    So my question to the libertarian men, do you pee sitting down?

Don't you just love internet bravery? People write things that I know from experience they wouldn't say out loud looking someone in the eye.

I can't imagine anyone but a close friend with a big smile on his face saying that to me in person.

I hope to meet you in person some day. We can get nose to nose and I'll invite you to tell me I pee sitting down. I think it might be very interesting.

Putting that silliness aside, I read your rant and as is quite often the case, you make little sense.

I have a libertarian philosophy. I think the government should prevent and/or punish the initiation of force. All other areas are none of their business.

As to getting to that ideal, I don't know that we can, and we certainly can't get there soon, when most of the country doesn't agree with that much limitation on government.

Since I can't get what I want, I choose the most desirable option among those available to me.

How any of that is some kind of a character weakness baffles me.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I confess I tuned out after the first three stereotypical blanket statements being made against the non-libertarian.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The original Boston Tea Party was over taxation, and I think "tea parties" at large would do well to stick with that message.

If these groups decide to go off on tangents regarding social issues, they would better serve the cause by calling themselves something else, to preserve the integrity of the anti-tax movement.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm not even going to debate this further. When we will as a nation stop all this BS biased media brain washing crap? This is very slanted against the tea parties. Can't we just say this is what X stands for without unfairly trying to portray Y, Z etc in a slanted hazy light that supports X's view that everyone else is wrong? This is exactly what the popular mass media does now. It's crap and a cheap way to make a point.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I confess I tuned out after the first three stereotypical blanket statements being made against the non-libertarian.

I agree.......however, I see it as no different then the norm majority on this board. It just happens to be on the minorities side. Many of us have been putting up with the same type of propoganda for along time. It's nice to see it come from a different side. It's no suprise to me that most will disagree with it's intent. That's because most of the members on this board are right-wing republicans.........the NEW kind. Is the video one sided?......sure. But it also makes some good points, as extreme as they may be portrayed.

I would love to hear those who find the content of this vid ridiculous actually combating the little guys animated opinion. That's where we may learn something.......because like it or not, many libertarians feel this way about the face of the modern republican.

FTR, I voted for 3 libertarians and the rest republican/tea party this past election. I would have loved to vote straight ticket libertarian, but this one was just too important.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom