• Highest Level of Education Achieved

• Total voters

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Several years after graduation HS, I decided to try college. In HS, spelling and math were my strongest subjects. Now, I have to keep a dictionary beside me, and can no longer add/subtract columns of math in my head.
    (Use it or lose it!)

Two Associates degrees - Accounting/Secretarial & Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement and Probation & Parole.

Now, I have CRS.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    M.Div. - big waste of $30000+ loans ever inmagined. Good thing I met my wife there. Too bad she did the same amount in loans as I did...

We had a chance to leave after 2 years, but stupidly believed it was important to finish what we had started. IN reality, sometimes quitting is best - like when you are busy digging a financial hole! :n00b:

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Wow am I really the only poor, un-educated bastard on this forum? 10th grade! Woot! Woot! Haha. Gotta get my GED.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Two things.

1. Where's the poll?
    2. Education means nothing if the quality of education was below par. There are people with college degrees who can't spell, punctuate, or know the difference between accept and except.

Ok, so make that three things.
    3. My husband is known for lousy spelling and punctuation. (And capitalizing words that don't need it.) He has a college education. He is also dyslexic.

Me: I have a GED.

Agreed!!! Add to that, the fact that education and intelligence have NOTHING to do with one another. I work with people who are Dr.'s, PhD, etc. who don't have the common sense of a snail. These people make six figures and can't understand how a door or an elevator works!!! I'll take common sense any day!!! I do, however use a spell-checker on everything that I do as I have some personal pride and don't want to look like a fool. :rockwoot:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I graduated from Avon High School, then on to Vincennes University for an AS in Law Enforcement. After that, I went on to Indiaia State University for a BS in Criminology.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    :drill:Heartbreak Ridge

No that was movie, Poll should included military service also. Ball State 4 years after 6 active in the corps.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    graduated from HS 3 years ago, I thought factory job was the life for me and I do not need college...boy was I wrong. I hate working in a factory and just started going back to school this semester.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Picked up an Associates Degree in Applied Science (2 yr) in the mid 70's in Aviation Maintenance. I am now working in management in a large global company doing something completely different. Most people I know that went to college that are not doctors or lawyers are doing something completely different than their major.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    graduated from HS 3 years ago, I thought factory job was the life for me and I do not need college...boy was I wrong. I hate working in a factory and just started going back to school this semester.

Caleb, that is exactly what I did. I didn't like working in a factory and couldn't see myself doing that for the rest of my life. Good luck.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Very interesting poll.. Seems online gunowners tend to have more secondary education. Wonder what the results would be if we polled all gunowners?

I had a motar dodging class in Beriut once...lol. I passed. :biggun:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom