R3vERMCl.jpg

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    1693833147033.jpeg
    This is the Winchester with new furniture I sold here on INGO a while back. Most of the parts were Winchester. You can tell Winchester parts from across the room as they look like they were hewn with an ax. Such a good gun manufacturer and such poor attention to detail. Don't get me wrong they have great tolerances and shoot great but there are so many milling marks on them they look like they were drug across concrete on the inside.

1693833471767.jpeg
    This is what I mean, it doesn't affect function but if you compare the visual of this to say an H&R it is like night and day.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    This one is a survivor. An IHC made in Evansville that somehow made it all the way through the Korean conflict and came back with ALL original parts still attached. She is no prom queen but she is to me. I had to do some serious trading to get this one. My dad worked at the IHC plant in Evansville before going into the army. He trained on a mortar crew right out of basic and just before they shipped out to Korea he was chosen to go on embassy duty in Tokyo (6'2", blond hair with blue eyes). He spent two tours in Japan and then went back to work at IHC after coming back state side and while in college. This one was made about the same time he graduated college and married my mom.
    1693833818474.jpeg
    Even the barrel is correct...

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Forgive the other rifles

Don't apologize for an 03A3! I love mine, and it's actually a tossup between whether I like shooting my Garand more or the '03. It's so light and handy, has great sights,and is very accurate even with a 2-groove barrel.

I own Enfields, and have shot most of the other primary service rifles fielded by major combatants in WW2. While the Garand clearly outclasses all of them due to rate of fire alone, if I had to have a bolt-action I'd still pick the 03A3 over anybody else's stuff. America made a darn fine rifle in the '40s.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    *cough* They stole Mauser's design with the 03 and 03A3. *cough* ;)
    You are correct sir, and what many do not realize is that the US Govt had to pay patent infringement fines to Mauser because we plagiarized on the Mauser action for the 03. These payments of course stopped when we entered in WWI. Learned this years ago from the History channel. Very interesting.

Top Bottom