• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Decided to try my hand at leather carving. Still need lots of practice but I’ve got some ideas, my brother in law was in the 101st so I’m going to make him a knife with a leather sheath that is has a carved American flag with the Screaming Eagle’s emblem on the front. I definitely gotta get better at the lettering though!
    image.jpg IMG_1494.jpeg 71511298622__1398C739-7F86-4AFE-87BE-DBA0F3A1F93E.jpeg

Lpherr

Occupied
    Decided to try my hand at leather carving. Still need lots of practice but I’ve got some ideas, my brother in law was in the 101st so I’m going to make him a knife with a leather sheath that is has a carved American flag with the Screaming Eagle’s emblem on the front. I definitely gotta get better at the lettering though!
    View attachment 296152 View attachment 296153 View attachment 296155
    I'm guessing that would require some very sharp tools and a lot of patience.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Are you making the damascus yourself? Either way, those are beautiful knives and I would appreciate it if you would stop tempting me

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Cuts and burns aren't my fear. My fear is the cost. I'm the type that starts a hobby and it quickly gets insanely expensive. So, it's better for me to be jealous of your skills than to go down the rabbit hole...

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Cuts and burns aren't my fear. My fear is the cost. I'm the type that starts a hobby and it quickly gets insanely expensive. So, it's better for me to be jealous of your skills than to go down the rabbit hole...
    Oh I know that feeling, I don’t even want to talk about how much that press costs, but it’s a heck of a lot easier than doing it by hand!

Top Bottom