• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Downstairs, behind the axe
    Would republicans go along with stopping opposition of gay marriage if democrats agree to knock off the anti 2A stuff? In a compromise, I'd think both sides should get something. Thoughts?

(2 cans of worms, one political fight - this could tie everyone up for a while and maybe they'd leave us alone)

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I'm liberal in thinking that two people should able to get married, no matter what sex they are. And I'm conservative enough to want the gov to leave me and my guns alone.

So yes.

Hwseeker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    What happened to encouraging the Republicans to stand up for what is right on both counts. The problem we have in this country is that we have compromised our values far too often and our nation is in a freefall as a result.

It is time to stand up! Not compromise for the sake of compromise!

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    I'm liberal in thinking that two people should able to get married, no matter what sex they are. And I'm conservative enough to want the gov to leave me and my guns alone.

So yes.
    I agree. But I still get a little disgusted when I see 2 dudes making out in public. Actually, same goes for straight couples as well. Do that **** in private.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Nope, Democrats are not into compromise. They are into total domination that is why they put a king in power.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    What happened to encouraging the Republicans to stand up for what is right on both counts. The problem we have in this country is that we have compromised our values far too often and our nation is in a freefall as a result.

It is time to stand up! Not compromise for the sake of compromise!

What happened to other people having rights? What business is it of yours to decide who can and cannot get married?

gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    What happened to other people having rights? What business is it of yours to decide who can and cannot get married?
    I'm thinking this way, albeit that .gov has no business in my house (married to a woman and a few guns) nor in the house of my hypothetical neighbor who wants to be married to another dude.

Think how cool a rainbow AR would look at a combined gay rights/ gun rights march on Washington.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When did the Democrats ever honor such a deal. They screwed Reagan on agreeing to spending cuts that never happened in exchange for a tax increase. The did the same to Bush Sr. such that he likely never would have received the backlash that made him virtually unelectable had the Democrat half of the agreement been delivered.

No, you don't make deals with people who are in the habit of not honoring them.

Brian S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Toto, IN
    "In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win. In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit." - Ayn Rand

Of course the right is dead wrong on gay marriage so in this case it would be a good thing.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Are you telling me that if Mitt won, he would have compromised on anything? Both parties are out of control in this. It's an "all or nothing" mentality out there.

I didn't say anything about anything other than the Democrats are not about compromise, that is why they put a king in power. Dont try to put words in my mouth.

debeerman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    In a van down by the river
    Your thinking is flawed. Libs are never happy unless you see things their way. A constitutionally protected right should never be on the table for such talk. Maybe a balanced budget with no debt can be talked about as part of a package with gay marriage,but woudl have to be passed and enacted for 4 years beore gay marrage was legal just to make sure that they can keep their word.

mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32
    Would republicans go along with stopping opposition of gay marriage if democrats agree to knock off the anti 2A stuff? In a compromise, I'd think both sides should get something. Thoughts?

(2 cans of worms, one political fight - this could tie everyone up for a while and maybe they'd leave us alone)

It's called standing on PRINCIPLE. And it's admirable (on either side, but especially when it concurs with mine!). It's jellyfish like you and those who agree with your premise that have landed us in this unenviable mess whcih we find our country.

gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Your thinking is flawed. Libs are never happy unless you see things their way. A constitutionally protected right should never be on the table for such talk. Maybe a balanced budget with no debt can be talked about as part of a package with gay marriage,but woudl have to be passed and enacted for 4 years beore gay marrage was legal just to make sure that they can keep their word.
    I wouldn't say flawed, just trying to come up with something different from "no way, my way, highway, m'kay" sort of debating. Constitutionality doesn't seem to be stopping any dem these days as it is. The way I see it, two dudes getting married has no barring on my life whatsoever and I could live with it. Limiting the 2nd amendment hurts all of us now, and in the future.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I wouldn't say flawed, just trying to come up with something different from "no way, my way, highway, m'kay" sort of debating. Constitutionality doesn't seem to be stopping any dem these days as it is. The way I see it, two dudes getting married has no barring on my life whatsoever and I could live with it. Limiting the 2nd amendment hurts all of us now, and in the future.

The problem comes in conceding a non-negotiable right as negotiable. You may wish to review history. They have been chiseling at the republic for generations. If they want to discuss a deal on things that are acceptable, I still wouldn't bite because they never honor their deals.

Top Bottom