• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny L

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I have a co worker whose father died recently. Jim came to me and said he was selling all his fathers guns. He asked if I was intrested in any and produced a pictures of several rifles, shotguns, revolvers , semis and back powder. Living in Indiana I was not intrested in the Remington 7680 or Savage 30-06 and such. I have never been intrested in black powder but one picture looked like a Taruas He said no it was a S&W 38 special. I asked what he wanted and he said $250 I agreed and he brought it in to work. It is a pristine S&W 15 with a "K" serial number. I am one happy camper. He also gave me a holster and about 4 boxes of ammo. I brought lunch

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A quick google search implies that you bought it for about 1/2 its value.
    I will not condemn your actions, but I wouldn't take advantage of a friend's ignorance like that.

Last edited:

WillBrayJr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    I will not condemn your actions, but I wouldn't take advantage of a friends ignorance like that.

The "Family" I was born into is like that. My grandfather did that with well-worn but rebuilt Smith&Wesson Model-10. Bought it for $225 and turned around and sold it to a relative of his in Flint, MI for $450. I asked him why he didn't sell the Model-10 for the same price he paid for it. He told me he knew he could Con his relative into paying more because she didn't know squat about firearms.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    I will not condemn your actions, but I wouldn't take advantage of a friends ignorance like that.

Walmart cons people into paying 10 times the value on their junk.:rockwoot:

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    The way i look at it is....Life is hard, so when it makes it easy for you, you gotta take advantage of it.

Theres a difference between cheating someone of out something and accepting a good deal offered to you...take it, be happy, and dont look back.

Isn't it nice when things go your way once in awhile??

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, the OP asked what he wanted and the guy said $250.00

No different than if the guy had a truck for sale that would normally
    be sold for $5000 anywhere else all day long and when asked what
    he wanted for it and he says "$3000".
    I can't possibly give you only $3000 here is $4500.00......... :n00b:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Dad ran into a deal like the from a coworker a few years back, found it in the rafters of his garage. An old straight-stock Remington .22 pump, great shape. Dad asked how much the guy wanted, he told my dad $75, and my dad said here you go, thank you very much, have a lovely day!

I never find deals like these, except bought some CZ-52's for cheap several years back and have lately unloaded them for over double what I paid...

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Dad ran into a deal like the from a coworker a few years back, found it in the rafters of his garage. An old straight-stock Remington .22 pump, great shape. Dad asked how much the guy wanted, he told my dad $75, and my dad said here you go, thank you very much, have a lovely day!

I never find deals like these, except bought some CZ-52's for cheap several years back and have lately unloaded them for over double what I paid...

Have any more left for sale?:D

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

If it took you a few seconds to do a "quick Google search", then it takes anyone a few seconds. No pity for those who don't do their research when all the information is readily available :twocents:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When I was in college, a professor offered me a Browning Challenger for $75. I found out it was worth, at that time, $125-150. I told him what I had learned and that he could try to sell it to someone else, if he wanted to, but that I could only afford $75. He sold it to me and said he was saving for a "fine 20 gauge double-barrel." Everybody ended up happy, but I gave him full disclosure.
    I've been on the short side of things a few times; usually because I didn't know and didn't know how to find out.
    I'm glad I told the seller the true value(as far as I knew) of his gun. This is how I choose to be.
    No one needs my approval to be different than me.
    Just don't complain if you find yourself in the sellers position.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom