• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Another Weber Genesis happy customer here too..............10+ years old and still looks and operates like new .
    ( obviously not this years photo :) , but all the green is on the way )

But for the record , we do have a Traeger pellet , electric smoker grill on the way .
    Some friends of our has one and it puts out some tasty meals ......

View attachment 348171

Mine shows up this week and I am very excited. We could not have a grill at our apartment so now that we have a house a grill was pretty high up there on my “things to buy list”. Hoping to get as much life out of it as you have yours!!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was a huge Traeger fan when they first came out. Now, not so much. One reason is because they forgot who got them popular. When they first started, they relied on small business owners and people who sold out of their garage. When they got popular, they made it a requirement to have a store to be dealer. Another reason is because I feel they haven't done anything except rely on their name and raise their prices without any major improvements.

Now, I don't recommend Traeger. My low end recommendation is Pitboss and my high end is Yoder. A Pitboss will do everything a Traeger can do at 1/3 to 1/2 the price. I cook on a Yoder. They aren't cheap, but they can maintain 150 degrees all the way to 800 degrees which is something that very few pellet grills can do. Extremely well built out of 10 gauge steel, their only negative is that the paint doesn't last, but that's too be expected with high temperatures.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    QO0Sjeg.jpg

SQKClIQ.jpg

New grill to celebrate the new house (at our old apartment we could not have grills). This baby gets HOT especially with the sear zone. 5~ minutes a side for New York Strips and they turned out very well (kosher salt and olive oil for season). The garlic bread got burned on the bottom but I am not used to 700 degree heat. Very happy wirh the grill and am looking forward to trying out the griddle accessory. Going to make smash burgers tommorow and pancakes this weekend

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    QO0Sjeg.jpg

SQKClIQ.jpg

New grill to celebrate the new house (at our old apartment we could not have grills). This baby gets HOT especially with the sear zone. 5~ minutes a side for New York Strips and they turned out very well (kosher salt and olive oil for season). The garlic bread got burned on the bottom but I am not used to 700 degree heat. Very happy wirh the grill and am looking forward to trying out the griddle accessory. Going to make smash burgers tommorow and pancakes this weekend

Nice! And it looks like your developer did a nice job grading the lots as well. You should have a nice, dry yard. The one perk of moving into a new/newer subdivision.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Nice! And it looks like your developer did a nice job grading the lots as well. You should have a nice, dry yard. The one perk of moving into a new/newer subdivision.

The house actually gets a lot more run off than I expected, that little trench you can see in the background is from the downspout run off. Now that being said all the runoff drains immediately, unfortunately my yard has the drain but it works very well with water not sitting for longer than 15 minutes so far. Not having grass has not been good for the soil on my lawn. The are supposed to come out in a month with a truck full of dirt to fill it back in.

Still love the house and the neighbors are great so I definitely can't complain. The wife and I need to hurry up we are one of the few without kids still

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I'm a charcoal guy myself, but have been wanting to try a gas grill.
    Mainly I want one because I fell in love with our stove we got a few years back with a griddle between the burners.
    I'd like one of those grills where the whole cook surface is just one big flat cast iron griddle.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Another Weber Genesis believer here; you can pick up clean used ones for a couple hundred bucks and may get lucky and find one at that price with zero use on it. We also picked up a Blackstone last year and the wife loves cooking on it!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    What's the point of a gas grill? If I wanted to cook with gas I'd stay in the kitchen. Out door grills are for charcoal.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    No gas grills for me. I have a 36" Blackstone, propane stick burner smoker and a Weber 22" kettle charcoal. I can cook anything I need/want with 1 of those 3. Sometimes I'll use a combo of 2 of the 3 on the same meat. Like big thick ribeyes. I'll smoke them at 170* till they reach 110 then sear/finish them in butter on the Blackstone. Juices running everywhere with that nice butter crust
    20230901_182421.jpg

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I have cooked on a blackstone and really like them. Would love one but not yet. Thinking about getting a cast iron griddle plate and using on the grates of my Charbroil. Wonder if it would cook the same.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have cooked on a blackstone and really like them. Would love one but not yet. Thinking about getting a cast iron griddle plate and using on the grates of my Charbroil. Wonder if it would cook the same.

I use a cast iron griddle on a Weber kettle from time to time. It works great.

A cast iron skillet for searing on the Weber also works well. Did a pound of bacon last night on it. No grease splatter in the kitchen either which is a plus.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I use a cast iron griddle on a Weber kettle from time to time. It works great.

A cast iron skillet for searing on the Weber also works well. Did a pound of bacon last night on it. No grease splatter in the kitchen either which is a plus.

pprtDQU.jpg

uHgjVNG.jpg

If you get the Weber crafted set you can swap out the grates for a griddle. It works super well, did smash burgers tonight and they turned out great.

Top Bottom