• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Gibson v Fender, about as useless as OC v CC. I've been partial to Tele's since I was a kid and heard that twang from Johnny Cash's band in the 60s.

Since my band was off this past weekend, I caught a show a friend was playing. He's a LP guy. Anyway, I ended up doing half a set w/him and used his axe, a black gem, like Frampton's.

Fat, fast neck, nice action and great tone, though it's heavier than either of my Tele's, esp since I did belly & elbow cuts on my Mexi-Tele.

Though I love the Tele twang, I could easily make room for a nice LP.
    :rockwoot:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Gibson v Fender, about as useless as OC v CC.

Even more useless than OC v CC, this is up there with Glock v XD!:):

Get a Carvin. You can freeze them, bury them in the sand, put cheap strings on them and they'll still play!:D

But of the two brands I prefer Fender (strat for me, thank you.)

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    If you make me vote, then Les Paul. Teles are too twangy and Strats are too thin. I mean, when you want the twang it's awesome or if you want that thin-tone classic rock sound they're great. The only electric guitar I own right now is a Tom Anderson. Now there's a thing of beauty. It's still not the same as a Les Paul--I'll have to buy one of them some day.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I love the Les Paul's for the meaty, thick, full sound. I really don't like tele/strats/fenders, they sound like emotionless instruments.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    I prefer the LP, and also like the warm tone of a Gibson 335. Never cared much for strats or telecasters.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i will take my Lesters over a Fender Banjocaster any day. :)

i do think the tele can be a very versatile instrument, and between the two i would take the tele over the strat. i read a funny quote on another forum that said "the perfect tone is making your LP sound like Jimmy Page's telecaster." ;)

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Even more useless than OC v CC, this is up there with Glock v XD!:):

Get a Carvin. You can freeze them, bury them in the sand, put cheap strings on them and they'll still play!:D

But of the two brands I prefer Fender (strat for me, thank you.)
    A buddy of mine played a Carvin bass & loves it. Now I do have a Carvin 100w acoustic amp that is clean as a bell.

With the belly and elbow cuts I made, based on the Strat, feels nice and didn't sacrifice any tone with the loss of mass. I also modded it to one single coil at the bridge, like the original Esquire,
    :rockwoot:

I will eventually buy a Les Paul and also a Lucille, BB King is one of my musical heroes!

Top Bottom