• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Slide Fire, a Texas based company has announced the new Slide Fire SFS-BFR. The rifle will appear to fire like machine gun while actually operating as a semi automatic. Since this method of firing is the result of tweeking things other than the receiver, the ATF has given it a "legal" ordination. The belt fed rifle, according to a factory spokesman, "Sprays like a fire hose." It is due to be released sometime in the fall and will cost around $6K.:popcorn::yesway::)::cool::rockwoot:

The press mention appeared on Yahoo News within the last hour and did not include any details.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Just a tweak on the whole bump fire spray and pray method of wasting ammo. To each his own I guess. Nothing I am going to get excited about.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Slide Fire, a Texas based company has announced the new Slide Fire SFS-BFR. The rifle will appear to fire like machine gun while actually operating as a semi automatic. Since this method of firing is the result of tweeking things other than the receiver, the ATF has given it a "legal" ordination. The belt fed rifle, according to a factory spokesman, "Sprays like a fire hose." It is due to be released sometime in the fall and will cost around $6K.:popcorn::yesway::)::cool::rockwoot:

The press mention appeared on Yahoo News within the last hour and did not include any details.

Old technology - good way to waste ammo in my opinion - The way you have to hold the gun to let it bounce fire insures you can't really hit anything! The only thing new is the belt feed. I would a lot rather build one of the 22 cal gatling guns - or buy one of the real ones if I were rich ---(:>)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Old technology - good way to waste ammo in my opinion - The way you have to hold the gun to let it bounce fire insures you can't really hit anything! The only thing new is the belt feed. I would a lot rather build one of the 22 cal gatling guns - or buy one of the real ones if I were rich ---(:>)

I will admit a belt fed 22 with a crank sounds fun. I might buy in to that.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I'll admit that I bump-fired a few magazines into the bem with a huge grin on my face back when you could buy an SKS and a case of 7.62x39mm for a song, but five minutes was all it took to get it out of my system permanently. Same with the M16A1 some incredibly nice guy brought to the range and let me shoot. Full auto is cool, but paying big bucks for it just seems silly.

That said, I can absolutely see buying stamps for suppressors, so it's probably just a matter of taste.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    That's getting too clost the the price of transferables not to just get the real thing.

What belt-fed transferable can you get for $6k?
    New production belt-fed semi-auto guns/uppers (niche market) are right around the $6k mark. So I don't think this is that far out of line.

I'll admit that I bump-fired a few magazines into the bem with a huge grin on my face back when you could buy an SKS and a case of 7.62x39mm for a song, but five minutes was all it took to get it out of my system permanently. Same with the M16A1 some incredibly nice guy brought to the range and let me shoot. Full auto is cool, but paying big bucks for it just seems silly.

That said, I can absolutely see buying stamps for suppressors, so it's probably just a matter of taste.
    This^^^

I used to want some full-auto toys so, so bad. Then I spent 6 months in the Middle East working and did a LOT of weapons testing and prototyping with MK48's, M134's, M240's etc... once you get your fill of those the desire dies pretty quick, especially on the M134. Huge ammo waster and a PITA to handle. It is definitely useful in serious firefights, but I have no use for something like that even if I could afford to buy one...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Meh, if I can put 5 shots on target in 30 seconds or less using select fire, why would I wish to throw 30 to 50 off target in the same time frame?

Automatic fire is meant for suppressive fire mostly, keep their heads down so you can move. If that is my goal, I want a real MG that I can lay lead where I want it to go.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have a Slide Fire. It's not exactly spray and play like you all are saying. A buddy was able to put a large # of hits from one 30 rnd mag on a man sized target at 200 yards with very little practice. Probably ~20 hits out of 30.

Top Bottom