• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I am interested in buying a Lee Four Hole Classic Turret Press to begin reloading. Is it possible to remove the Turret Block once your done reloading for a particular caliber in order to save the settings. Then replace it with another block and reset for a whole new caliber? Do I need to specify a particular model in order to have this feature or are all their turret presses set up this way? Any help that someone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Yup I've got a turret head for each caliber. Pair it up with a pro powder dispenser to for each caliber and conversions take less than a minute. Classic turret press is what you need. The only downside I have is trying to store them when not in use, bulky if you don't make a holder or rack to store them.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    1. Yes, that's the reason they designed it that way. You can even get separate AutoDisc powder dispensers and leave them set up on the charging die for even faster caliber changes. That said, I only load single stage on my Classic Turret, I have a Loadmaster for when I want to go faster.
    2. No, thay all work that way. The four-hole gives you a place to put the factory crimp die, which I use on all my revolver cartridges, to seat the bullet and crimp in separate steps.

Buy the press; you won't regret it. I never used my single stage presses after that and gave them to friends.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yup I've got a turret head for each caliber. Pair it up with a pro powder dispenser to for each caliber and conversions take less than a minute. Classic turret press is what you need. The only downside I have is trying to store them when not in use, bulky if you don't make a holder or rack to store them.

Midway does sell empty Lee die boxes designed for this. The bottom of their (3) die set box ( round ) is designed to be flipped over and hold the turret, dies, and powder measure... Kinda burns my ass to pay $3-4.00 for this and only use the bottom 15% of the box... Saying that though, they do work well ! I guess the top half does make for a decent cup to hold bulk bullets.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    You can go thru Lees website and get extra turrets for $9.00/ea. Cost of shipping is a flat fee of $5.00.
    Midway might be a few pennies cheaper on the turrets but the shipping charge makes it lots more expensive over going thru Lee.

Top Bottom