• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My first gun show ever. If I was rich and in the market or an AR, I probably would have been fairly happy. As it was, there was almost no one interested in shotguns (buying, selling, or trading). on a whim afterwards, I stopped by 500 Guns on 16th St. and traded my Benelli Nova combo for an 11-87 super mag. Just got finished stripping, cleaning, and lubing in preparation for pheasants next week. Yes!

I was the bearded gent there. Glad you like the Remington. Most of our stuff is used and we try to work out trades with folks. We were so busy yesterday buying/selling/trading it was crazy. Normally we close at 2 but we didn't leave until 3:30 so I missed going to the show. Going up there this morning with an AR, RPK, 16ga pump and maybe a LNIB S&W Nickle 34. Not wanting to gouge but looking to trade for things I want while I can. :yesway:

zepan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    The main thing I noticed at the show was the insane amount of people there. I sat out in the parking lot afterwards and noticed how many people were leaving emptyhanded. Hopefully people will quit panic buying and the dealers will quit gouging.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Elkhart
    I'm thinking of going up there today, not too far from Castleton and for 5 bucks might find something cool. are you allowed to walk around with ammo for sale?

jkershner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    An unquiet solace
    I was the bearded gent there. Glad you like the Remington. Most of our stuff is used and we try to work out trades with folks. We were so busy yesterday buying/selling/trading it was crazy. Normally we close at 2 but we didn't leave until 3:30 so I missed going to the show. Going up there this morning with an AR, RPK, 16ga pump and maybe a LNIB S&W Nickle 34. Not wanting to gouge but looking to trade for things I want while I can. :yesway:

Hi there Colt. Yes, I am super happy with the Remy. The best part for me was going into your store and not feeling like I was bothering you (unlike Dicks, Gander Mtn and the like). You guys were helpful, listened to and addressed my concerns, and overall just made the whole deal a pleasant experience. You definitely made me a repeat customer down the road.

Re: the gun show. You really didn't miss much. I thought there would be deals available, but there seemed (to me) to be such a tense atmosphere/ AR frenzy that it wasn't nearly as enjoyable as I thought it would be.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Went Saturday. crowded around 1pm but eased up later. Bought a set of Dillon 30-06 dies, an AR gas tube and an Arisaka (sporterized-----what was I thinking?). Coffee was OK for a change. Talked to "other dave" for awhile. Pretty good time, at least people are not as angry as last two weekend shows.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I was there on Saturday. One dealer had several AR style rifles and the prices were sky high - at least $1K over "normal" retail. How about .223 ammo for $1+ per round? R U Kidding me? 9mm reloads for $17/box 50! Ouch! Used AR magazines $35? My big "panic" purchase of the day was AR stripper clips for $.25 a piece. The vendor cracked up when I told him this was my panic purchase. Stop the panic people!

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    We went, and I wasn't expecting big things out of a small show, and I wasn't particularly surprised at anything. I was kind of interested who put this show on, of course after the fact. Picked up a few cleaning items, and luckily don't need anything else. Not particularly excited about the 1500, as I don't think dealers will have the inventory available.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Lets see... cheapest AR I saw was a parts gun that was well used for $1600, most were in the 1800-2400 range. One well used early SP1 Carbine was $2900 and a used Delta Match HBAR was $4300 or something like that.
    all guns seemed pretty high to me and didn't see anybody really buying anything. One guy had about 20-25 100 round boxes of American Eagle 55gr FMJ for the unbelievable price of $120! A buck twenty a round!! Saw a case of 62gr green tip for $1000! Hell, GM had 20rd boxes of 5.56 last night for $11.95 and I thought that was bad. No 22LR though. :( I did find a muzzle brake for my Norinco and a castle nut and end plate for an AR I'm building. :yesway:

Novabeast69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Took my son today. Picked up a couple stripper clips. Fondled the 2k + Arsenal milled AK47.:dunno: 1000 .223 for $1000 damn. Nuthin like bulk discount. Still good to spend time with the boy.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This was my first time at the Lebanon show. I only planned on buying a couple mags for my AK but I have no impulse control. I bought 4 30 round mags for the AK with a "free" pouch to carry them and 1000 rounds of 7.62 x 39mm. I also got horseswaggled into buying a G3 variant for $1200. It was listed at $1600 but I talked the guy down unintentionally. I really didnt want to buy it, but at that price I couldnt walk away. Ive wanted one for about 4 years now. Also got a magazine for my XDM. I think Im all set for a ban (hopefully we dont see one) for now. Im going to try and slow down my spending for a few months.

Top Bottom