• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I lived and went to college in TH and had few dealings with THPD. Once in an accident when the other vehicle ran a red light and I broadsided her at speed, an off duty THPD was a witness since he was in the turn lane next to the other car. He also went to get me smokes while I watched my new(ly trashed) car be towed away:crying:. Got stopped once on Wabash, got a warning. Other than that, no problems, really.

As to the hand on the gun. I think that's near SOP now. I see lots of people get stopped here in Plainfield (including me once) and if the officer is out of his vehicle, he's got one hand on his holster. It makes sense to me. I even saw an off duty ISP carrying IWB at the 6 o'clock position once. Guy was in jeans and a t-shirt and had some car stopped on I-65 south of downtown.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    As to the hand on the gun. I think that's near SOP now.

Especially if the windows are tinted and one can't tell what's going on in the car.

A friend of mine who was with the Michigan SP years ago, just put his hand casually in his front pocket (on many "interviews"), gripping a J-frame S&W. Serves the same purpose, and is a little less intimidating.

rafterman191

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Rafterman... Have you heard how your FFL is doing? last I spoke to him he was taking a little r&r after a surgery or something.

I shot him an email earlier. Saw him about a month+ ago and he said something about having to get some treatments for eczema or something. I get some skin problems and trust me they are no minor problem. My hands get dishydrosis so bad, I work with my hands bandaged up sometimes and when I get home it is like sticking them in a fire removing the bandages. It makes life nearly unbearable at times. Did some research on it and psychological effects range from feeling uncomfortable in public because your hands look like they have been through a meat grinder to suicidal thoughts because of the constant pain and useless state your hands are left in. Oh well, life's a bitch sometimes. You know, I may have turned you on to him through ar15.com? Could be wrong though.

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    I shot him an email earlier. Saw him about a month+ ago and he said something about having to get some treatments for eczema or something. I get some skin problems and trust me they are no minor problem. My hands get dishydrosis so bad, I work with my hands bandaged up sometimes and when I get home it is like sticking them in a fire removing the bandages. It makes life nearly unbearable at times. Did some research on it and psychological effects range from feeling uncomfortable in public because your hands look like they have been through a meat grinder to suicidal thoughts because of the constant pain and useless state your hands are left in. Oh well, life's a bitch sometimes. You know, I may have turned you on to him through ar15.com? Could be wrong though.

:hijack:
    My daughter has eczema And We have found that Goat milk soaps help. I will not try to sell you any, But the fact is we have costumers who use it for skin conditions that are getting relief.

A simple Internet search can find many web sites ( like ours ) that sell it.

As for the OP I would not blame any LEO who had his hand on his gun during a stop. It just seems to make sense.

Top Bottom