• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Looking to get wife a new gun for carry after she gets her permit. She has a Rossi snub nose .38. Looking at the LCR due to it would be lighter and fit in her purse. She hates Auto's. Being a light weight revolver does it have a lot of recoil with .38 and does anyone have .22 version yet.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    The LCR is a great platform. With the larger Hogue Tamer grip, its not bad to shoot at all. If she's okay with the Rossi, I'm surethe LCR would be no problem. The "boot" grip is a little harder on your hand, but it was easier to carry in my pocket. Ruger introduced a .22 version of the LCR. Itd be a great little practice gun.

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I bought the LCR with the laser grips for my wife. It's a great little shooter and that has been pointed out over and over so you probably already know that. She wanted the laser since anybody knows what that red dot means, kinda like racking the shotgun slide. My 2 grown daughters shot it a few times and thought that it had some mild recoil that stung a little bit. First time my wife shoots it, after firing all 5 I asked what she thought of the recoil. Her words exactly were " those sissies!". She is deadly with that laser, from 10 yards she keeps the group within a 50 cent piece. For a snubbie, the trigger is really nice, doesn't stack and breaks pretty clean and predictable. We've both shot a LCR with the hogue grips, and it is a little more comfortable but no way would we trade it for the crimson trace model. Like someone else said, that crimson trace grip is harder and slides easier if that makes sense. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom