• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Divesting Indiana Assets from China
    In an increasingly dangerous world, the Chinese Communist Party is working against America's interests on a variety of fronts. Despite China's track record of human rights abuses, unfair trade practices and foreign aggression, our state hadover $1 billion of Indiana residents' hard-earned money invested in Chinese Communist Party interests at the beginning of 2023.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

How about something to improve life in rural areas such as water lines put in so we don't have to rely on water trucks and rain water?

I'm sure the internet will make many like her more at the next election though.
    Lebanon will be taking most of the available water from the west half of the state if not all of it.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    That for the Lilly plant that holcome and indiana economic development people are pushing for?
    Yes. The preliminary test wells they have dug have already tainted the water in existing wells around the area. many are complaining that they now have water with a strong odor and sand filling their tubs and toilets after the drilling.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Yes. The preliminary test wells they have dug have already tainted the water in existing wells around the area. many are complaining that they now have water with a strong odor and sand filling their tubs and toilets after the drilling.
    Gotta love Holcomb and his buddies. Brad chambers is also responsible for this correct?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Income Tax Exemption for Military Members: Beginning in 2024, all income earned from active or reserve military service will be exempt from the Indiana income tax.

Veterans and their families who are experiencing financial hardship this holiday season could receive $200 for holiday meals and $300 per dependent child through the Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs' Operation Holiday Program.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That for the Lilly plant that holcome and indiana economic development people are pushing for?

Smart move on Lilly's part, I wouldn't want to have a rich manufacturing base in a city that is on it's way to becoming chicago south.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    I read the article, it’s mostly BS my property taxes have increased over 60% since 2019. Unlike most on here I actually appealed and won back some of it. Here’s the thing Jean would not come to my appeal meeting her words were something along the lines of I would never do that, be careful they have unchecked power. Then went on to tell me some nightmare stories that would make Stalin blush.
    Oh and the % of increase I won in the appeal? Gone, they took it all back within two years.
    The State lowered the rate last year some so the county just assessed my property higher to take it back then some. Until more people appeal and go to county meetings mad as hornets it’s not going to change. Jean told me that every year freshmen senators submit legislation to lower property taxes and it never makes it out of committee. We got a long ways to go.
    My prediction is that once the retirees can’t afford property taxes on their primary residence then Blackrock or Vanguard will step in with a pre planned financial assistance package transferring ownership to them. Then of course property taxes will change for the corporations.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I read the article, it’s mostly BS my property taxes have increased over 60% since 2019. Unlike most on here I actually appealed and won back some of it. Here’s the thing Jean would not come to my appeal meeting her words were something along the lines of I would never do that, be careful they have unchecked power. Then went on to tell me some nightmare stories that would make Stalin blush.
    Oh and the % of increase I won in the appeal? Gone, they took it all back within two years.
    The State lowered the rate last year some so the county just assessed my property higher to take it back then some. Until more people appeal and go to county meetings mad as hornets it’s not going to change. Jean told me that every year freshmen senators submit legislation to lower property taxes and it never makes it out of committee. We got a long ways to go.
    My prediction is that once the retirees can’t afford property taxes on their primary residence then Blackrock or Vanguard will step in with a pre planned financial assistance package transferring ownership to them. Then of course property taxes will change for the corporations.
    You need to go to your local paper and buy an ad if need be and put this out for everyone to see.
    I would hope the local paper would run your story on their dime. If they don't buy an ad and put out this information. People need to know.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    You need to go to your local paper and buy an ad if need be and put this out for everyone to see.
    I would hope the local paper would run your story on their dime. If they don't buy an ad and put out this information. People need to know.
    Yep. Until enough people stand up and DEMAND change, nothing will change...

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    I am considering running for assessor next cycle. Here’s another tid bit, the year I appealed my assessment had gone up 58%! I had changed nothing built no new structures no improvements. Nope it was in retaliation for complaining the previous year for what now seems a normal 10% increase. You know what the assessor told me that day? I quote “ people find that when you come in to complain about their assessment their taxes go up” my wife was a witness to this and I brought it up at the appeal and of course she ( the assessor) denied it. Yet somehow they had no other examples of such a large increase that assessment cycle. I suppose that’s why I got some relief.
    Still the rub is as an assessor all you can do is play a shell game, they work backwards from a budget number, until that is changed someone gets stuck with the bill.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom