• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    LOS ANGELES, CA -- An extravagant terror drill was demonstrated in front of 1,800 attendees of the National Homeland Security Association's conference. Guests from around the world came to marvel at the use of militarized law enforcement.

Gunfire echoed through downtown Los Angeles, bombs exploded, and helicopters swooped low among office towers in a demonstrated response to a weapon-of-mass-destruction threat.

971916_535979286439577_1391186333_n.jpg

The late-morning demonstration began with an explosion of flash grenades, officers firing blank ammunition at pretend suspects, and police rappelling out of a county Sheriff's Department helicopter and onto a hotel bridge on Figueroa Street.

The drill took place on Thursday, June 6, 2013. The demonstration was performed by the Los Angeles Police Department and SWAT team, and funded by the federal government through grants designed to militarize local police departments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TlY_b4VEnY

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    LOS ANGELES, CA -- An extravagant terror drill was demonstrated in front of 1,800 attendees of the National Homeland Security Association's conference. Guests from around the world came to marvel at the use of militarized law enforcement.

Gunfire echoed through downtown Los Angeles, bombs exploded, and helicopters swooped low among office towers in a demonstrated response to a weapon-of-mass-destruction threat.

The late-morning demonstration began with an explosion of flash grenades, officers firing blank ammunition at pretend suspects, and police rappelling out of a county Sheriff's Department helicopter and onto a hotel bridge on Figueroa Street.

The drill took place on Thursday, June 6, 2013. The demonstration was performed by the Los Angeles Police Department and SWAT team, and funded by the federal government through grants designed to militarize local police departments.

This continues to be very disturbing to me. Me no like!

There are far too many cases where this doesn't end well when they are deployed as such.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    And if the military was used, instead of local law enforcement, I can only imagine the howls of protest. Like it or not, we don't live in 1950 anymore. There is a threat out there that Barney Fife is not equipped to deal with. Instead of complaining, please outline how it should be done to not offend your sensibilities.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    And if the military was used, instead of local law enforcement, I can only imagine the howls of protest. Like it or not, we don't live in 1950 anymore. There is a threat out there that Barney Fife is not equipped to deal with. Instead of complaining, please outline how it should be done to not offend your sensibilities.

And what threat would that be?

I'm sick of paying some 50-70% of my paycheck in taxes to "keep me safe from terrorists" and to pay for "baby daddy mistakes".

I'd just assume keep my tax money and put it towards safe guarding my house and family. I can't imagine what another 50-75% of extra money could do for me to keep me safe. I could buy a safer vehicle, I could build a better house in a safer neighborhood, I could have my kid educated inside the safety of my own home, I could afford to build a badass security system around my property as well as stock up on more ammo and firearms. I also could invest more money in "prepping" .... I can't imagine how much safer I would be if I was "ALLOWED" to do it myself!

Sorry bub... I'm sick of paying the government to do a half assed job of protecting/imprisoning me!!!

Last edited:

John Titor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    I love the pick-up with the 55 gal barrel .

Yeah LAPD had to show off for the boss DHS to keep the budget up .

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Beyond the obvious scary scenario of a police force with military weaponry, who paid for this exercise? How much money was spent sending the 1,800 attendees of the National Homeland Security Association to the conference?

Some more money that had to be cut from other needed areas due to the "Sequester" yet can be spent on this obvious show of force by our government.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    There are lots of ways to train without this expensive, dangerous, and obviously political stunt.

This wasn't training. It was conditioning.

This... LA Swat works with Camp Pendleton Marines all the time (from my understanding). They get plenty of training and have plenty of facilities to train at...

This was a politically driven training exercise....

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Isn't LA the place that the Chris Doerner fiasco started? Seems like Cali could spend some time and effort doing something more productive than a show of force to the peasants

Top Bottom