• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack1861

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Life, Liberty, Property.

Stars and stripes have not flown over our property for more than a decade... It was folded and put into storage long ago....replaced by the Gadsden.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If you don't own it... you don't make the rules. That's just how it is.

The guy is violating the lease that he signed his name on.

Meezer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Porter County
    If you don't own it... you don't make the rules. That's just how it is.

The guy is violating the lease that he signed his name on.

If the lease says no flags, no yard signs, no pets, etc., & you don't agree with those terms, don't sign the lease. This story is much to do over nothing. Violating your lease is never a good thing:noway:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There you go. Read the lease very carefully and comply.:D

Yeah, non-compliance can be costly. I'm due $100 by Sunday because of two lease violations clearly spelled out in the lease. This is in addition to the cost of repairs I will have to make to remove the jack-ass-installed cable/satellite lines.

Don't have much sympathy for tenants who violate the lease then whine about it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "Resident fails to comply with lease terms" probably wouldn't have gotten as many clicks, I guess.

As MrsGungHo pointed out, the residents can get a base and pole to fly the flag from. They get their flag, they abide by the terms of the lease, then win.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    After watching the video, it does state in his lease that nothing can be hung from the balcony. He can get a guide on and solve the problem. That was the issue when I was told to take mine down. Only the leasing agent would not clearify that to me, so I called the news.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Yeah, non-compliance can be costly. I'm due $100 by Sunday because of two lease violations clearly spelled out in the lease. This is in addition to the cost of repairs I will have to make to remove the jack-ass-installed cable/satellite lines.

Don't have much sympathy for tenants who violate the lease then whine about it.

Ya know... the FCC & the .gov will back a tennent that installs an antenna or mast to recieve OTA TV or Satelite. It cannot be written into a lease. I could find the case # for you if you want. But since it sounds like you won, you probably don't want to see it. :cool:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ya know... the FCC & the .gov will back a tennent that installs an antenna or mast to recieve OTA TV or Satelite. It cannot be written into a lease. I could find the case # for you if you want. But since it sounds like you won, you probably don't want to see it. :cool:

Im guessing his beef is how the satellite installers operate. Rather than do it RIGHT by penetrating the exterior walls ONCE and distributing within the walls to all the TVs from there, they "neatly" run the wires along the outside and repeatedly penetrate the house where they want to install the jacks.

I dont care HOW neat they were when they did it. I have yet to see one that didnt look tacky. And of course they wont do it RIGHT because its too time consuming. One guy can knock out the entire house in half a day their way, but the same house done right can take several guys multiple days requiring specialized drill bits and LOTS of patience. Its just not cost effective for them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Yes, I would love for you to provide the legal precedent.

Never mind, found it. And it has nothing to do with the lease violations in questions. Thanks for playing though.

Last edited:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yes, I would love for you to provide the legal precedent.

Never mind, found it. And it has nothing to do with the lease violations in questions. Thanks for playing though.

As I read the previous post I figured that even if there was some law/regulation/etc. that forbade a landlord from preventing a tenant from installing an antenna, it probably didn't give the tenant cart blanc to damage the landlord's property in doing so...am I reading the situation you're talking about correctly?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    As I read the previous post I figured that even if there was some law/regulation/etc. that forbade a landlord from preventing a tenant from installing an antenna, it probably didn't give the tenant cart blanc to damage the landlord's property in doing so...am I reading the situation you're talking about correctly?
    ^^^ This

for example

allowed and protected because it doesn't damage the structure. (only the dishes not he wires)
    satdish.jpg

or option 2
    D3z.jpg

forbiddable (sic?) because it damages the structure
    install-sky-dish-special-heights-800x800.jpg

2Q==

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I do recall this coming up last year.
    On the news report last it was stated that condominiums, housing groups, etc cannot prevent owners from flying the american flag. But that law doesn't exist for apartment owners preventing their tenants from flying the flag.
    As quoted on the report 'from a lawyer representing one of the apartment complexes' "The tenants have no first amendment rights".
    Really? How does a tenant complain about an apartment complex's policies then?
    I do understand signing a contract... But I do not understand how it is, that property owners (or those who 'lease' condo's) get different treatment from those who rent when it comes to patriotism?
    I do realize flying a 50' flag from your second story balcony could be an issue. But surely there's got to be some middle ground (sadly involving 'more laws')?

Top Bottom