• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ed p.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Greenfield
    I hunt public ground every gun season with good sucess,run into the same guys every year that hunt same areas with no problems or safety issues.This weekend is the second gun opener in a row that a group of about ten mexicans have decided to hunt this particular spot.They will stand hunt until about 11 am then form two groups.First off the area has a walking trail that cicles the area running through the woods with grassy fields on top. the two groups start off going opposite directions on the trail with two guys staying on the trail and three of them spreading out and sweeping the woods below the trail,most places of the woods is only a few hundred yards wide and is bordered by the resevoir so any deer bedded down gets jumped up and not only do the guys driving the deer unload but the two standers also unload (pumps and autos).Last year i tagged out before they started driving so it did not effect my hunt but did my buddys.Saturday morning was a different story,at elevin am i hear them talking very load in spanish which to me is annoying as hell (this is america speak english or not at all) and here they come towards my stand,I whistle a couple times to get there attention and they keep coming so i yell stop at them and still they keep coming i stand up and grab my gun off the hanger and finally they decide to go other way. About ten minutes later i hear yelling down by my buddies stand and can tell its him giving them hell. I go to the DNR station to make a report and theres a lady working the desk and tell her they are driving deer and more than likely group hunting and shooting the place up,she asks in a sarcastic manner (is that illegal?) i told her to get the CO down there and let him decide.Went and grabbed a sandwich and came back and ate waited an hour and a half and no CO ever came.Hunted that evening saw two does on the run one with a front leg wound and saw a spike with a wounded front leg this morning no doubt the result of the careless drives and poor shooting.Sorry for the winded post but still Pi--ed off.Hunted till 11 am and went home this morning seen them at thier trucks getting ready to head back into the woods.:noway:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Theres noting illegal about driving deer. The rest is your assumption that they were party hunting.

If you dont like it you can buy your own private land to hunt, because chances are they have just as much right as you do to hunt here unless your a Native American.

You post screams white trash redneck.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I hunt public ground every gun season with good sucess,run into the same guys every year that hunt same areas with no problems or safety issues.This weekend is the second gun opener in a row that a group of about ten mexicans have decided to hunt this particular spot.They will stand hunt until about 11 am then form two groups.First off the area has a walking trail that cicles the area running through the woods with grassy fields on top. the two groups start off going opposite directions on the trail with two guys staying on the trail and three of them spreading out and sweeping the woods below the trail,most places of the woods is only a few hundred yards wide and is bordered by the resevoir so any deer bedded down gets jumped up and not only do the guys driving the deer unload but the two standers also unload (pumps and autos).Last year i tagged out before they started driving so it did not effect my hunt but did my buddys.Saturday morning was a different story,at elevin am i hear them talking very load in spanish which to me is annoying as hell (this is america speak english or not at all) and here they come towards my stand,I whistle a couple times to get there attention and they keep coming so i yell stop at them and still they keep coming i stand up and grab my gun off the hanger and finally they decide to go other way. About ten minutes later i hear yelling down by my buddies stand and can tell its him giving them hell. I go to the DNR station to make a report and theres a lady working the desk and tell her they are driving deer and more than likely group hunting and shooting the place up,she asks in a sarcastic manner (is that illegal?) i told her to get the CO down there and let him decide.Went and grabbed a sandwich and came back and ate waited an hour and a half and no CO ever came.Hunted that evening saw two does on the run one with a front leg wound and saw a spike with a wounded front leg this morning no doubt the result of the careless drives and poor shooting.Sorry for the winded post but still Pi--ed off.Hunted till 11 am and went home this morning seen them at thier trucks getting ready to head back into the woods.:noway:

Illegal mexican hunting season is year round I hear. and theres no bag limits.

no wonder the CO never came. they arent interested in people they know wont pay the fines because they arent even citizens, not to mention the paper work that would cause them. they just want to harass normal Americans.

no suprise you saw a GROUP of them. has anyone else ever seen just one mexican anywhere?

even on private land, we have no rights against these government tyrants

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Illegal mexican hunting season is year round I hear. and theres no bag limits.

no wonder the CO never came. they arent interested in people they know wont pay the fines because they arent even citizens, not to mention the paper work that would cause them. they just want to harass normal Americans.

no suprise you saw a GROUP of them. has anyone else ever seen just one mexican anywhere?

even on private land, we have no rights against these government tyrants

The "Mexicans" get hit pretty hard at the martinsville damm with the gill nets by the DNR.

I still dont know how you guys tell the difference between them. I know the Guatemalans are shorter than the ones from mexico.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    A lot of gun hunters do deer drives. If its on public land there is nothing you can do about it, it's perfectly legal. Sitting in a stand until 11 and then putting together a drive doesn't seem to uncommon. Walking toward a hunter in his stand is rude and unsportsmanlike, but unfortunately not illegal. Sounds like you are mad they are walking through "your" woods. I would have replied just as that lady did: "is that illegal?" Some people stand hunt, some still hunt, and some do drives. If you don't like how the public hunts, then get the heck off the public land.

The fact of them being Mexican is a pretty big issue of yours, how exactly did you determine that they are illegals? I agree that we should secure our borders and deport anyone in the country illegally because they are criminals. But what exactly does that have to do with your whine session?

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    what ever happened to the vietmanese(sp?) guy up around michagan that shot the deer hunter whose stand he was hunting out of? got him with a sks if i remember right. not that a sks is a bad gun i love mine but i just kinda found that part fitting. sorry if im hijacking

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    I wonder what would happen if a bunch of "gringo's went to Mexico and had a deer drive on some Mexican "public" ground and pissed a local off?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

I thought the one buck rule was suppose to fix that kind of thing?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    what ever happened to the vietmanese(sp?) guy up around michagan that shot the deer hunter whose stand he was hunting out of? got him with a sks if i remember right. not that a sks is a bad gun i love mine but i just kinda found that part fitting. sorry if im hijacking

i think that was Wisconsin, and I'm not sure it was a Vietnamese. Thought it was a guy who was ethnic Hmong?

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    If you are on public land it isn't yours it is everyones. That is just one thing you are going to have to deal with. If you don't like it get permission from a landowner to hunt or buy some property. Taking your gun off the hanger to intimidate someone with a firearm could be illegal. If I was hunting on public land and someone pointed a firearm at me or tried to intimidate me with a firearm, I am thinking legal action or me potentionally having to protect myself by leathal means.Be smart don't be stupid.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    So I am interested here... were you surprised at the lack of the fact that you seem to be explicitly racist or the fact that you were not able to get enough friends to drive hunt? Nothing they did from your account seems illegal and the fact that you threw in that they were Mexican and you automatically assumed illegal looks almost as bad as their wounding instead of killing a deer. Even if they were illegal, no matter the origin, at least they are attempting to provide for themselves instead of living off my tax dollars. Would you like to paint me with the Nazi brush because of my German heritage, or a religious bombing fanatic because of my Irish heritage, or maybe because of my Native American heritage I am just a blood thirsty savage. Their hunting skills were improper at best but that has no bearing on their race.

Last edited:

Ed p.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Greenfield
    First off i want to say i have no vendetta or ill will towards mexicans or any other race for that fact.I also want to say i did not say i thought they were illegals simply that i thought they were illegally hunting (driving deer) im gonna try and find a older DNR rule book because im sure it states organized drives are prohibited,(could be mistaken) I have private ground to hunt but my county doesnt have the number or the size deer that this particular public ground has.Just pi--ed that a CO didnt come to even determine if anything illegal was taking place,and upset with the careless shooting going on especially knowing kids are hunting in the area.I just dont see the sport in driving deer.If im wrong for thinking this way so be it.

Top Bottom