Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Can't help but see more than a few people who are going to be let out of jail now. About time. Now maybe they'll make a move and fix their stupid no guns around alcohol law.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Can't help but see more than a few people who are going to be let out of jail now. About time. Now maybe they'll make a move and fix their stupid no guns around alcohol law.
    I dont know about that one. Seems like a bad idea combining alcohol and guns. Maybe they could amend it to something like driving. Put a legal limit on gun use.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Then don't do it, and do hang out with people that do. BOOM! Problem solved without legislation.
    I do not think you understand the law he is talking about. The law as it stands basically says, that you cannot carry a gun into a place of business that sells alcohol. That includes restaurants that sell alcohol, i.e. chills, texas corral, outback, mexican restaurants, etc.....
    This is even if you are not drinking.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I dont know about that one. Seems like a bad idea combining alcohol and guns. Maybe they could amend it to something like driving. Put a legal limit on gun use.
    There are no restrictions on carry in a bar in Indiana and we don't seem to have any problems. I'm a frequent visitor to NOLA and would like to be able to legally carry my firearm in the French Quarter and to most of the restaurants I go to. Most states that have an exemption from carrying in places that serve alcohol see no problems. Gun carriers are a pretty responsible bunch, by and large.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)

Guns and alcohol are perfectly fine together, it's the human that's the problem. Last I checked a bottle of Maker's Mark didn't go drunk driving.

Top Bottom