• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    My son and I attended the Kokomo Gun show yesterday (Sat 10/22/17), thought I would give a heads up to those who may attend, or others that are interested. First 22LR ammo, prices dropped WAY down, and appears supplies are way up. Typical prices were around $30 / 500pc brick. I purchased a brick of Aquila Super Extra high velocity for $30. The same vendor did have Browning ammo, but I didn't buy until we were ready to leave so he had sold out. Various vendors did have prices all over the board, some still proud of their wares. However several were $29.95 to $32 a brick for a variety of brands and types. AR's rifles and component prices have dropped significantly, I'm guessing around 20%.

Again 2 or three vendors had a large selection of AR components, uppers, complete rifles for sale at, to me very reasonable prices. LOTS of used firearms for sale, shotguns, rifles and handguns. Didn't see much pricing difference from on these from the last few shows I have attended but most were not excessively priced, and most are usually amicable to doing a little dealing to achieve a sale.

Did see a few military rifles I haven't seen at many shows, but at this time I am not looking to purchase one unless it is an exceptional value. Did see a customized Mosin with a decent Scope, bent bolt and synthetic sporterized stock for mid $300. It looked darned good (think it had been refinished) and I am sure the component cost exceeded the asking price. (I was tempted). Also saw a nice example of a Japanese Arisaka Type 99 rifle, didn't inspect the bore but the furniture, fit and finish was as good as I have seen for one of these. Can't remember the price (private collector), but it was well in line for the value of the gun.

All in all, in my opinion a pretty good show, I picked up a couple of items and enjoyed increasing my knowledge of whats available and local pricing. I attend the shows for entertainment and knowledge as well as purchasing, So I was glad I attended.

Top Bottom