• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Dallas police have an initiative where they go to houses at random and try attempt to get PC/consent for a search. Some witnesses are saying that the cops already have guns drawn and aren't really *asking* at all. You decide.

Dallas police re-launch 'knock-and-talk' initiative
    In another case, in January 2006, News 8 reported the case of Tim Sims. Dallas police barged into a house where he was staying looking for drugs, another knock-and-talk operation. Sims said police never asked to search the house. "They just came in with guns drawn and said, 'Open the door!'"
    All in the name of the Drug War and Gun Control.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Dallas police have an initiative where they go to houses at random and try attempt to get PC/consent for a search. Some witnesses are saying that the cops already have guns drawn and aren't really *asking* at all. You decide.

Dallas police re-launch 'knock-and-talk' initiativeAll in the name of the Drug War and Gun Control.

I didn't read where they go to houses at random. These "witnesses" that you quote were/are drug dealers who were searched illegally and had their cases thrown out due to the illegal search. Not sure what your issue is with this one:dunno:

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I'd have to put one of these on my door.
    nosearch.png

Patrolman1981

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Richmond, In
    Ahhh hey guys, they aren't using this practice at your grandmas house. They are using this tactic in high crime areas at known problem houses with drug and prostitution activity.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I didn't read where they go to houses at random. These "witnesses" that you quote were/are drug dealers who were searched illegally and had their cases thrown out due to the illegal search. Not sure what your issue is with this one
    It would seem that the police had reason to suspect that the houses involved had something to hide, and went fishing. Undercover officers would be along the same lines, just not as open as a uniformed officer coming to the door and asking if they can look around.
    I seriously doubt the police will start going door to door just to randomly search everyone's house. If a person isnt smart enough to not open the door, well, that would be their problem.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Downtown Fort Wayne
    I didn't read where they go to houses at random. These "witnesses" that you quote were/are drug dealers who were searched illegally and had their cases thrown out due to the illegal search. Not sure what your issue is with this one:dunno:

The news reporter said pretty clearly that they were in fact going to houses at random. Random or without warrent; either way you can't accept this type of tactic from LEO's. Just because they happened to stumble upon some drug dealers and make arrests along with property seizures doesn't mean we should view this as permissable, and obviously it's not even legal and that's why the cases are getting thrown out. This is an injustice, private citizens are innocent until proven guilty. We shouldn't have to prove we're innocent for a LEO to leave any of our private residence.
    :patriot:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    "Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make (or enforce) the law." - Sophocles

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Ahhh hey guys, they aren't using this practice at your grandmas house. They are using this tactic in high crime areas at known problem houses with drug and prostitution activity.

I have a solution, legalize prostitution and drugs. Get the government out of moral situations.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I would tell the officer to go to the next house because he's not coming in here without a warrant and or probable cause ( e.g helping someone in need ).

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I don't understand how they can 'get permission' from someone who is involved with criminal activity. It makes no sense.

If I were a drug dealer there is no way in HELL I would give anyone permission to randomly search my home without a warrant.

Either the police are outright LYING or the drug dealers are seriously that stupid.

I'd say at this point it's a 50/50 debate.

Also, let me clarify, even if I were into criminal activity or NOT, I wouldn't allow them to come in without a warrant; it's simply ILLEGAL what they're doing.

The only people with half a brain that would crumble under their pressure is law-abiding citizens, after the police leave I'm sure they'll say "never again". Talk about getting violated.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I have a solution, legalize prostitution and drugs. Get the government out of moral situations.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I would tell the officer to go to the next house because he's not coming in here without a warrant and or probable cause ( e.g helping someone in need ).

It's even easier to simply not answer the door. Just go back to watching TV once you see who it is.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I didn't read where they go to houses at random.

I didn't see anything that guaranteed any standard of legal oversight for who gets a "knock-and-talk" and who doesn't. No probable cause, no warrant = random. If they had actual PC, then it would be called something else, yes?

Not sure what your issue is with this one:dunno:

Searching citizens for contraband is not the role of a Peace Officer.

I seriously doubt the police will start going door to door just to randomly search everyone's house. If a person isnt smart enough to not open the door, well, that would be their problem.

You doubt random searches??? Fishing expeditions happen during traffic stops ALL DAY LONG.

Yes, people who STUPIDLY trust authority will often consent. When I was 18 years old I got pulled over and threatened with tickets if I didn't allow police to search my vehicle. I was put over the hood of a squad car and treated like a criminal while they searched my jeep. They kept my friend's pocket knife for their trouble. Eventually after jumping through enough hoops we were free to go. What did it accomplish?? It doesn't win any public opinion, treating people this way, I can assure you.

People who consent to searches are naive and ignorant, but unfortunately, that represents the majority of the population. I detest that people are searched for contraband. I was an easy target in my youth.

What starts off being used on unpopular groups eventually winds up being used everywhere. What happens when they find sweet old grandma at home and she naively allows a search? For example:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUv3A4hscc0[/ame]

Last edited:

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Oh, well that's comforting. Police work is apparently a lot easier these days.

I have a solution, legalize prostitution and drugs. Get the government out of moral situations. ...
    Should be a tax evasion issue rather than moral.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Oh, well, what a relief! Guys, we can safely ignore probable cause and search warrants and other "laws," they're only doing this in bad neighborhoods. :) :) :)

Top Bottom