• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsquared1702

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    So I have been wanting to witness the annual machine gun shoot at knob creek for some time and it just so happens I have all of next weekend off when they are having it this year. I was wondering if any other members have gone and what advice they could give. Any and all info about this event would be appreciated. I have looked on the site for information and of course have watched the hundreds of youtube posts. Thanks in advance!:patriot: Also if you plan on heading down there this weekend let me know. It would be great to meet other INGO members.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Wear some comfortable shoes. There will be mud......there is always mud.
    Be careful parking in the lower lot after a good rain.

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    It's a good time. Don't forget earplugs. and If you plan on taking video, you will have to pay to do so and sign a waiver that they can use anything you may post as advertising or something like that. I haven't been since 2002 so I am looking forward to it. Lots of cash is needed because you WILL find something or 3 that you have to have.

50bmgshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Greenfield
    If you do plan on taking LOTS of cash, make use of the little off road trucks to help you take your stuff to the car. I made the mistake of not last time. My arms hurt for a few days from carrying all my crap around the whole day. And one last thing.....I'll be down there Sunday....so leave me some stuff to buy!!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've only seen videos on the 'net. And it made me afraid to go there in person.

Afraid that I'll begin a new addiction and get into class 3 investments.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm going with a group of guys. We are camping Friday and Saturday night and will be at the shoot all day Saturday. We're also stopping by the Patton Museum.

Anyone have suggestions on where there is a good nearby campground with electrical hookups?

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    It 's probably the greatest event ever, It's like a huge flea market for guns. I've be twice, bought my Vector AK down there one year. They had the machine gun rentals down there then, i'm sure they still will. They had a quad barrel AA gun down there for rent on the main range, it was out of my price range for about 20 seconds of fun tho.

Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    Cash talks

You will get your best price with cash. Some of the larger vendors there might take VISA but you will still do better with cash. Check the weather, dress layers for warm & dry. Back pack or shoulder bag is handy. I prefer ear muffs because you will want to be taking them off and on to talk etc. Have fun. Well worth the trip. Often decent prices on bulk ammo because you are avoiding shipping cost.

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    well of course the night shoot on saturday is the big event to experience if you haven't seen it in person it is beyond description. hopefully there will be mud cause otherwise there will be a fire hazard and the range will limit tracers/incendiary ammo. be ready to head to the patton museum too, really cool stuff. funny things is last time I was there( couple of years ago) I had a trunk of guns and ammo and the sentries examined the car and didn't really blink, let me go in with little questioning. probably not that way today. Also US cavalry is just down from the Patton Museum and they usually have a big sale at the same time as the shoot so that is usually a good destination.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    there is always mud.

No there isn't... in alternating years, there's dust. :):

I've been going on and off for about the last 7 years. The event isn't what it used to be, but is still a good time if you haven't been before. The gun show is like the Indy 1500, but with NFA weapons. More and more non-gun (not just non-NFA) stuff is starting to creep in, though, and the deals are getting harder and harder to come by.

Highlights from my past trips were the AK Forum gathering in 2004 (shooting full-auto Krinks in 5.45 and 7.62, a real-deal AK-105, and a 7" barreled M-16), running into R. Lee Ermey as he prepared to shoot the "Mail Call" episode there in 2005, and riding in the Little Bird helicopter in 2007. And the night shoot is worth staying for once; nothing like seeing a Minigun single-handedly tear apart an entire Winnebago. :eek:

littlebird.jpg

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    What is "US cavalry"?

well of course the night shoot on saturday is the big event to experience if you haven't seen it in person it is beyond description. hopefully there will be mud cause otherwise there will be a fire hazard and the range will limit tracers/incendiary ammo. be ready to head to the patton museum too, really cool stuff. funny things is last time I was there( couple of years ago) I had a trunk of guns and ammo and the sentries examined the car and didn't really blink, let me go in with little questioning. probably not that way today. Also US cavalry is just down from the Patton Museum and they usually have a big sale at the same time as the shoot so that is usually a good destination.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    If the only thing you get to see is a mini gun dump 6000 rounds in just a few seconds, & in case your wondering (it muffles any & all other 50cals & MGs that are firing at the time) it is worth going !!!!!!!!!!! Ive been going since 2000, I went one yr some dude had 3 miniguns all mounted together, it was retarted. I have met some really cool people there , Tom Bowers, Scott phillips, MR troxy , as well as others. even had a dude let my buddy (assbite) empty 2 belts out his MG 42s, on his dime. Great people. great time. Bring CASH !!! Oh ya, there will be mud:ar15:

Top Bottom