Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot: Anybody going this weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Last one I went to was 1991. Friend had a bench and hung out with Lamont and Ciener. Picked up 1000 rd of FN 5.56 for $100 and 1000rd of FN 7.62x 51 for $150.
    Parked behind the range building behind the firing line and spent the night there.
    Don't think I'd be able to top that so will pass AGAIN ;)

Bob

You got the right idea. Never going to top that trip.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Plenty of bulk ammo on hand, I bought some Speer Lawman .45acp 230gr. FMJ for $16 dollars a box, Wally world can't beat that. I thought the ammo prices were okay, if you're down there and need ammo, why not?
    Probably not worth making a trip for it. It was cold today and rained on and off. We left Indy by 6am and we were parked, paid admission and inside for the Pledge of Allegiance and the cannon blast.

Outside of the weather it was a good time.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    What are you looking to spend? I've got a DD MK18 and have been waffling on selling it. Mine came from AIM. They don't stock them any more.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Plenty of bulk ammo on hand, I bought some Speer Lawman .45acp 230gr. FMJ for $16 dollars a box, Wally world can't beat that. I thought the ammo prices were okay, if you're down there and need ammo, why not?
    Probably not worth making a trip for it. It was cold today and rained on and off. We left Indy by 6am and we were parked, paid admission and inside for the Pledge of Allegiance and the cannon blast.

Outside of the weather it was a good time.

What were cases of steel and brass .223 /5.56 goin for?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    What were cases of steel and brass .223 /5.56 goin for?

I didn't look at the steel, saw plenty of Wolf stacked up but I don't know what it was going for. Like Woody said, I did notice the Wolf Gold at $300 per 1000 rounds. To me the ammo was about the same price as you get on-line, just if you happen to be there and need/want some ammo you might as well get it while you're there. But if you're not going, the price of gas, and admission you might as well just get it shipped to your house. Aim always charges actual shipping,which is nice.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My in law lives in Etown and wanted too see if I wanted to meet him, I have not been in years, too cold for me and waded through the mud before, so I guess I will pass. Have not heard of any deals down there anymore. If you get a good deal there post it.

c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    I parked in upper lot with no mud, lots of new gravel around buildings. 9mm $200 per 1000, 30 carbine 375 per 1000, 223 $300 per 1000. CCI primers $130 per 5000. CCI 22lr $80 per 1000. Powder was available all around but not at stock up prices unless you were desperate. No shortage of any ammo, reloading supplies or accessories. They must not have received as much rain as we have because the grass lots were holding up perfectly. I am curious to see price difference between this show and the one coming in October with an election year looming ahead.

Top Bottom