Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot: Anybody going this weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Haven't been since 2013, but looking promising for Saturday. Any of you plan on going?

Chances of finding Daniel Defense MK18 10.3 Upper? No LGS has or can order. Other than that, never know when right deal may pop up. Mostly just want to see another night shoot, & table after table of goodies.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Im going saturday morning with my pops, doubt we stay for the night shoot tho. I am only goin to stock up on ammo and components. Was goin to check out a Busse blade but just got the email they arent goin to the spring show that means more $$$ to play with. As for the MK18 upper, Id say good luck.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I planned on going down on Saturday with the guys, but I think it worked out for all of them to go on Friday and I have to work... It's looking doubtful! :( I am looking for/needing some mk18 stuff ironically however, I'm going mod0, I got my stamp back today!!! Good luck on your upper!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Passing on this one.

No deals to be had down there. With the volume of people with cash in hand vendors can charge full price with out hesitation.

Night shoot is pretty cool if you have not done it. Last one I went to they were still shooting at Midnight and we were still partying by the truck watching traces flying out of the woods.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I may head down for the night shoot, if the weather doesn't turn me off. I agree with Sniper 79. I've never seen great deals down there. Maybe a couple fair prices on some parts or such, but never on anything big, like cases of ammo. It is fun to browse, though, but don't go thinking you'll pick up a case of brass cased 5.56 for 300 bucks or anywhere close to it. They'll sell out at high prices.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I'll be there Saturday, Delivering some pig parts i have sold..I don't know if I'll hang for the night shoot..

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    A friend and I will have two tables of ammo and odds-n-ends at C-11. Traildust Surplus will have the whole "island" at C-10. Jack and Marie (not sure of isle #) will be there with their usual good selection of new firearms. Spectre from Ohio will be their with their awesome and ever-changing piles of cool "junk." I'm sure I'm missing some other folks who are setting up and I know at least two Indiana dealers who will be going down to buy inventory (primarily ammo and ammo cans).

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'd love to go since I haven't made it in a few years now. Just too many other things going on for me this week. Might make it to Tipton gun show for a quick walk through.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Was going with the ol lady tagging along but if the weather forecast is right I'll stay home as my Crown Vic is not good in the mud?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Heading down Friday with a couple of friends, I haven't been in several years, and at that I have only been to one other Spring shoot.
    When I did go in the past, I hit it several years in a row for the Fall shoot, as mentioned it will be muddy.

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    I may go Friday afternoon. I forgot about it and told my oldest son I would help him with a project at his house.
    But I don't look for it to take all day.

I got mud boots and a jeep...

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Last one I went to was 1991. Friend had a bench and hung out with Lamont and Ciener. Picked up 1000 rd of FN 5.56 for $100 and 1000rd of FN 7.62x 51 for $150.
    Parked behind the range building behind the firing line and spent the night there.
    Don't think I'd be able to top that so will pass AGAIN ;)

Bob

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Rain or shine I haven't missed the Friday morning cannon blast for the last five years. I always spend way more than I should. In my opinion there are lots of good deals you just have to know where to dig. Bulk Ammo prices haven't been cheaper than online with shipping for a couple of years now. Everybody says it gets cheaper on Sunday but I don't have any money left after lunch on Friday so I've never went back down.

Top Bottom