• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I was lucky and bought a new Kimber Solo yesterday from a guy that had just won the gun last week at a Friends of the NRA banquet. Gun was new in the box. I paid a little bit of a premium but didn't have to wait on a gun.

SS and a very nice shooting little 9mm. Put about 50 rounds through it with me and a friend taking turns cranking off six at a time. The little pistol worked flawlessly with no issues at all.

Sight picture is similar to a larger pistol with three dot sights installed and the group at about thirty feet was the size of my fist. Both of us shot the pistol in about the same group pattern although we differed a little on point of impact.

I would recommend this gun to anyone. It is a little stiff to rack and everything is very tight right now but I understand it will all work a little easier once you get some rounds downrange.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I held it and it did feel nice in my hands and I got average size hands. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd take one.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Also curious whay kind of ammo you were using?
    Got to handle one at 21st Century before a gentleman bought it.
    Beautiful little 9!

Nice styling, love the fact it has ambi safties! (Great for us lefties)
    Good weight, just didnt like the fact it was ammo sensative.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Those are sharp guns. I've only seen them in the magazines...I really like that SS version. Congratulations on your purchase and thanks for the report.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I shot some of everything I had through it. some old UMC 115, some 115 federal and some Critical Defense both 115 and 147.

I saw no difference between the way the ammo fed. My point of impact seemed to change on one volley and that may have been because of ammo but I was not paying attention to what I had loaded at that time.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I was lucky and bought a new Kimber Solo yesterday from a guy that had just won the gun last week at a Friends of the NRA banquet. Gun was new in the box. I paid a little bit of a premium but didn't have to wait on a gun.

SS and a very nice shooting little 9mm. Put about 50 rounds through it with me and a friend taking turns cranking off six at a time. The little pistol worked flawlessly with no issues at all.

Sight picture is similar to a larger pistol with three dot sights installed and the group at about thirty feet was the size of my fist. Both of us shot the pistol in about the same group pattern although we differed a little on point of impact.

I would recommend this gun to anyone. It is a little stiff to rack and everything is very tight right now but I understand it will all work a little easier once you get some rounds downrange.
    Lucky man! I really like the look and feel of this pistol. If I had the money, I would most certainly have one.:ingo:

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Have not seen one in person yet.
    I like the looks of the Solo , reminds me a little of the Colt 1903s
    Congrats on the purchase.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Bumping this as I would be curious to get an updated report from the OP assuming he has put more rounds through it. I love everything about this gun but the ammo sensitivity reported on various reviews has me a bit nervous.

Any update or thoughts from other Solo owners?

Top Bottom