• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I told my fiance we would be boycotting Old Navy. It did not go over well, she siad I could wait outside for her while she got her pajama pants. I'll still stand with everyone even thought my house is now divided.

:laugh: when it comes to to the choice between giving up the right to carry or shopping, my GF would keep shopping every time, lol.

magiaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    It's the same old garbage at so many places. I don't know why people can't see that only law-abiding people are going to listen. If you'd been a criminal, you wouldn't have left quietly simply because a manager asked you to. It's so very illogical.

I feel your frustration, brother.

-Aaron

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Fail- find a gunshop, sporting goods store, hardware store, etc when family is in Old Navy.

I hate their commercials anyway.
    I'm still trying to figure this out. Why would you give money to a company that hates rights? Yes, you are still giving money to them if you are not shopping, but a family member is.

LE1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    It is sad that many companies have such policies. However if the nut with a gun or would be robber enters the location. It would be a person like yourself or I that will end it before LE can arrive to deal with it. I do want to thank you for not confronting it futher as it would have ended in you be ejected by Security or LE for sure. So heres the thing I dont shop there and becuase of what happened I wont consider it. So they lost another customer today in that my wife who does shop there was not happy about this so she wont be back. You can write that letter but your wasting your time.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I just sent a email to both stores. Thank you for info Dirtebiker. Myself and my wife will no longer be spending money in these stores until these silly policies are amended.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    That's a bunch of crap dude. I open carry my Glock 19 everywhere I would go, OLD NAVY included. Walked by numerous sales staff (approx 6) every time I've been there, never once stopped or questioned. Open CARRY.

Which location did you experience this at? I'd totally write a letter to corporate. I attend 86th & Michigan, and Clay Terrace of Carmel Old Navy's often.

.....unfortunately I can't test to see if this is suddenly a new policy, because the Glock is currently gone and PM9 is in the pocket. I'll be sure to test once I get my new Glock 23 out of Layaway though

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    Add another to the no shop list. I will spread the word as well. And not sure I would have went as quietly, but at least he gave you a few moments to collect the family. I'm sure if he was trying to be all mighty he probably would have been rude and disrespectful. But good for you being the bigger man. Good luck on the emails! I will send whenever I get off work.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I would leave the store (their store, their rules), I would then travel to the nearest gun store and buy a more concealable weapon.
    Don't get worked up over it. You can write a letter to corporate headquarters, but you will not receive a reply or they will stand up for their manager. They really don't care if you shop there or somewhere else, they are not going to go out of business over it.

Would be far easier to buy a longer coat that covers it better. :)

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I've found that Gander Mountain has a nice selection of casual clothing, including for women. I take my wife with me whenever I go and point her in that direction. (Keeps her out of Old Navy.)

Top Bottom