• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buddy17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    United States
    In for the responses. I never have decided between aa KSG and Vepr 12. KSG definitely gets mixed reviews but I've never known if it is coming from the keltec haters or actual KSG owners.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    No way. If it turns out it was a bad purchase it could just be sold for profit. Win/win

Well, they are nearly worthless pieces of junk. But I could use one to prop open a car hood or make a deadfall trap with. So I would offer a couple of hundred.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I have a Gen 2 KSG and it has been flawless. Eats everything I've fed it. Not like the craptastic UTAS UTS 15 I got rid of a few months ago. Most people have not even shot a KSG and are going by what a friend of a friend said or what a Youtube video said.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    Yeah, but wife went with me to the gun shop and while I was looking at it she said go ahead. Wasn't going to pass that up.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    13 rounds of shotgun ammo available without a kick-stand hanging underneath?
    If it goes bang every time, and doesn't go kaboom, I'd say it will serve you well.

I want one.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    i really like the concept. i heard bad stories about them before taking a tac shotgun class and after seeing a guy during class try and use one i wouldnt buy one. They are fine for plinking/occasional shooting but they dont work well much past that from what ive heard and seen. The fellow classmate had a few issues the first day of class and on the second day his gun wouldnt function. Instructors said they havent had one make it through a class without some type of major issue. Still a sweet looking gun though

TSL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Sellersburg
    i really like the concept. i heard bad stories about them before taking a tac shotgun class and after seeing a guy during class try and use one i wouldnt buy one. They are fine for plinking/occasional shooting but they dont work well much past that from what ive heard and seen. The fellow classmate had a few issues the first day of class and on the second day his gun wouldnt function. Instructors said they havent had one make it through a class without some type of major issue. Still a sweet looking gun though
    Any idea what issues they're seeing? How's Kel Tec's warranty? I've heard it's pretty good these days, but I don't have any personal experience with it.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I hate to send someone to another forum, but lots of info here: KSG Bullpup Shotgun - KTOG - Kel Tec Owners Group Forum
    This is where folks who've had problems with their KSG go to find solutions. Mine has been good with all sorts of different rounds, but some folks have feeding problems because of rough chambers or rough mag tubes from the factory. Some just hone/polish those out and all is good. I like mine and it a fun gun to shoot, but it is a very different manual of arms as are all bullpups (I have a Tavor too) and I just don't have enough time to work with it to get comfortable trusting it or my ability to run it, load it, etc. under pressure.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Never actually seen anything Kelly Tech in person. Wanted a Sub 2K for years and recently gave up the search and spent my money on something else.

They do seem to have some neat looking guns. Like someone else said for plinking use they would be fun other than that no way.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I usually don't like forward vertical hand grips, but I understand one is very valuable with the KSG. Some people have had their support hand slip off the front at inconvenient times, such as just as they're pulling the trigger. Combat would not be a good time for an own goal.

MarineOne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Hendricks County
    All the chatter has died down about the KSG over the last couple of years. Anybody have more experience with them? Gen 3's working out more kinks? Who is a big fan and who isn't, and why?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All the chatter has died down about the KSG over the last couple of years. Anybody have more experience with them? Gen 3's working out more kinks? Who is a big fan and who isn't, and why?

My son bought one used. It was crap. Took me an entire afternoon to tweak the feed ramps and get it to run. Once I did it was OK.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I've had one for a couple of years and it's been very reliable. For me it's just a range toy. I have family and friends that love to run it because it's just something "different".

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Talked to kel tec at the NRA when in Indy. Asked mainly questions about the new rifle. They stated they were kicking them out as quickly as the factory could make them. Asked about the shotgun. They said the same thing. Asked about the 2k with glock mags they said the same thing.

he then stated they expanded the factory to twice the size it was before. My statement of " did they turn the carport into a garage" did not seem to go over well with the factory representative.

To a point i do believe that keeping the numbers of items produced down to a point swells demand for the product allowing them to keep the profit margins up. The ideas they come up with are unique and inventive I will give them that.

Top Bottom