• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've found that if you use a dead blow hammer you can rack the slide on a revolver. ;)

Anyway, yeah LCP vs. P3AT

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I noticed on the P3at there is a little catch when you first pull the slide back. This catch is what makes it difficult for my wife. Does the Ruger seem to have that catch?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Ruger LCP? Where did you guys buy one of those very-very-very hard to get handguns? :dunno: :): Or better yet, the .380 ACP ammo for them? :D :yesway:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Ive played around with one, I didnt notice any catch per say but I wasn't really paying attention to that. It was soon after they were released and I was kinda excited to get to handle one. :yesway:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Hmm...

Are we talking post or pre recalled LCP? Ruger has recently left a sour taste in my mouth with recalls being issued on their two semi-auto releases. The 10/22 is awesome though!

I have dealt Kel-Tec's customer service and they are awesome.

I own a P3AT and wish the lines were a bit cleaner, but the pistol is what it is... A there when you need it. Plus for the cost, I could afford for it to be in the police station while whoever tried to rob, break in my house, or turn into a zombie ran through his appeals or died...
    :popcorn:

jerico616

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have not done a side by side comparison, but I own a P3AT and have handled the LCP at the NRA show in Louisville. They are both very similar in all aspects. From what I remember, the action on the LCP felt just like the Kel-Tec.

lacroixdp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    +1 on Kel-Tec's customer service. I have a PF9 that broke an extractor Saturday at the range. I called em up yesterday and they are shipping me a new one - they didn't even ask for my serial number! I'm hoping the extractor breaking was a fluke - it was the 8th round it has ever shot and it was a very nasty jam... it took me a little over 20 minutes to get the shell out. On that note, it doesn't seem to like my home-made hollowpoint rounds very much.

Top Bottom