• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    I am considering putting the Grand Power K22S up for sale and purchasing the Keltec P17 for pew-pew range fun-time.
    Anyone own the P17? Thoughts?
    I may keep the K22S and purchase the P17 but I would like to have some actual "Indiana" gun owners thoughts. Never trust the COMMIE-TUBE reviews because I never know who is a paid influencer.

Appreciate any insight.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I have one and it works fine, no issues. Pretty light you could carry it if you wanted. It's cheap and comes with 3 mags which is nice. I think I paid $179 or so when rkguns had a sale last year.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I have 3 of them , and am impressed with their functionality . I did have a couple of hiccups w/ feeding and ejecting that I can contribute to trying low velocity ammo ( which isn`t recommended ) and tried out some older Yellow Jackets ( known to be pretty waxy ) that I had found .
    They get a diet of almost all Mini Mags now .
    I usually carry one while working out on the property and soon forget that it is there because of the light weight .
    As with any gun , you can find negative reviews if you go looking . From my experience , the "torture test " videos out there are believable to me .........
    As noted in some videos , some have noticed that the rear site screws worked loose , I added a bit of blue locktite to mine before I had that issue. I have 2 tan and 1 green ones that I switched slides on to have a 2 toned version that looks cool to me with no function issues .
    You can find the black ones for about $179 ..........I have seen the Tan/Green as low as $209 at RK guns .
    No regrets here ...........

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Thank you everyone that commented and shared your thoughts.
    I am going to forego any further purchases this year and "hold" on any further firearm purchases as was my original 2024 plan.
    Our family inventory contains 5 22LR pistols and 4 22LR rifles.
    Yes! Rather big 22LR friendly family.
    God bless

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    After they came out I wanted one, just never worked out, a while back I bought a used M&P .22 full size pistol, and I like it, but my heart was still wanting a P17, I would take the loss to trade for one...actually posted it already (mods delete this if not allowed)

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    While searching for something else on the interweb, I came across a UK company called MAGLOAD. As the Grand Power pistols are more popular in Europe than the USA, I didn't know about this company, although they may do business in the USA with other firearms.
    I ordered 2 +7 round magazine extensions for the Grand Power K22S we own. This option takes the 10 round factory magazines to 17 rounds.
    One of the only draw backs to the K22S was the 10 round limit.
    Going this route helps me maintain my 2024 goal of saving money and occasionally improving the platforms I have.
    Win-win.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    P17 has stupid light recoil, and putting a flashlight and suppressor on it make it funny. My wife doesn't like big booms, so the p17 is a perfect fit for her. less than a pound when loaded, but reliably feeding anything.
    A few concerns. One of the safety levers fell off after about 900 rnds. Since it has two, I didn't worry too much. Later I had a head separation somewhere between 1100-1300 rounds with armscor 40gr. Reached out to Kel tec, they sent a label, and I got it back in about 3 weeks with a bunch of updated parts installed. Been running like a dream since.

Attachments

• signal-2023-08-14-074613.jpeg
      signal-2023-08-14-074613.jpeg
      295.6 KB · Views: 7

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    P17 has stupid light recoil, and putting a flashlight and suppressor on it make it funny. My wife doesn't like big booms, so the p17 is a perfect fit for her. less than a pound when loaded, but reliably feeding anything.
    A few concerns. One of the safety levers fell off after about 900 rnds. Since it has two, I didn't worry too much. Later I had a head separation somewhere between 1100-1300 rounds with armscor 40gr. Reached out to Kel tec, they sent a label, and I got it back in about 3 weeks with a bunch of updated parts installed. Been running like a dream since.
    I have heard of a few loose screw issues with Keltec but overall the reviews have been favorable.

ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    I had been considering the P17 as well. But it seems from all the reviews, if you want any accuracy or reliability, you are better off saving up for a Ruger Mark I-IV or a SIG P322

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I had been considering the P17 as well. But it seems from all the reviews, if you want any accuracy or reliability, you are better off saving up for a Ruger Mark I-IV or a SIG P322
    The p17 has been more reliable than a ruger mark 3 and 4 I have tried, and it will shoot a greater variety of ammo. For accuracy, I don't know how good you are, but the gun is able to do 2" groups at 10 yards if you are patient.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I am considering putting the Grand Power K22S up for sale and purchasing the Keltec P17 for pew-pew range fun-time.
    Anyone own the P17? Thoughts?
    I may keep the K22S and purchase the P17 but I would like to have some actual "Indiana" gun owners thoughts. Never trust the COMMIE-TUBE reviews because I never know who is a paid influencer.

Appreciate any insight.
    I have one, all black, and it is great. I would buy another in a heart beat.

Reactions: ACR
    Top Bottom