• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEstes001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Western Hendricks County
    I am seriously thinking of getting one of these to carry. As I get older the holsters are not quite as comfortable as before, could be the beer belly? I see that this gun can have a simple belt clip attached and could be carried in the front pocket if you wanted. I have two questions, first is the quality, is it a pretty good, reliable gun? and Secondly, I am a lefty, I can not find anywhere that the belt clip will work on the left side. I did find one link that a guy modified one to work and had no problems. I just wondered if anyone has any thought on this??

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    If uncomfortable holster is your concern, why not try a different holster?
    I carry a 1911 in a shoulder rig or my S&W 908 on my hip. Mostly depends on the weather. Shoulder rig with 1911 is easy to cover if I can wear a jacket, but 908 I can cover no matter how hot it is as I always wear a button up shirt.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have carried a pf9 for over 2 years. Wonderful to carry in a Galco king tuc holster. It is accurate for its size. They do kick like a mule. 100 rounds at the range is painful.

My gun has been flawless BUT some of them can be problematic. Mags fall out and Ftf problems are common. But their customer service is great!

I would recommend one but see if you can find one to shoot first. If you do get one, take 150-200 rounds AND a buddy with you to the range and make sure it works! (As you should with any new to you gun)

Good luck.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I am seriously thinking of getting one of these to carry. As I get older the holsters are not quite as comfortable as before, could be the beer belly? I see that this gun can have a simple belt clip attached and could be carried in the front pocket if you wanted. I have two questions, first is the quality, is it a pretty good, reliable gun? and Secondly, I am a lefty, I can not find anywhere that the belt clip will work on the left side. I did find one link that a guy modified one to work and had no problems. I just wondered if anyone has any thought on this??

As you can see, I have one with a Crimson Trace laser sight on it and I carry it in a custom Kydex holster from Mills Tactical here in Indy. It is convertible from strong side to cross draw.
    I've never yet had any problems or complaints with my PF-9 and I cannot say that I have ever objected to the recoil and in a stressful situation you won't even remember it.
    It tucks under my elbow for protection from someone grabbing it and it lays flat against my side and is so light that and I don't even notice it when carring it. I leave my shirttail out sometimes and it covers it just fine when in a resturant or shopping.
    P1010020.jpg

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I own a PF9 and have shot about 200 rounds thru it. Mine function 100% Be sure and get one with the steel magazine release. Earlier models were plastic.

armiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I would go with a Kahr 9 or smith and wesson shield over the keltec,just for reliablilty and quality.You get what you pay for,also look at the xds 45 or wait till the 9 comes out.:draw:

DEstes001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Western Hendricks County
    The input has been a big help, I honestly just want to avoid a holster all together. I bought a fairly high end CrossBreed horse hide holster for my Glock 17 and no matter how I try to adjust it, it is still uncomfortable. I have resorted to buying a small dependable gun that literally will fit in my pocket. If you can't get it done in 7, you better call back up! The Kal-Tec looked like it was the best value for what I needed for under $300 so I guess I will just wait for Plainfield to get one in. I am trading in my Taurus Night Court Judge so the recoil on the Kal-Tec should be tolerable!! Thanks guys for the help and I'm still open to hear from a lefty on the belt clip issue.

AuburnGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Auburn, Indiana
    I have 2 PF9's. I love them both. Recoil is something to get used too, however it is not a range gun. In a stress situation, I know it will go bang and hit where I am aiming. I added the clip accessory to the side. This makes it where no holster is needed. It is super light and comfortable. I carry 16 hours a day at work and home doing construction.

Great gun if you know you want a carry gun and not a range gun.

DEstes001

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Western Hendricks County
    I have 2 PF9's. I love them both. Recoil is something to get used too, however it is not a range gun. In a stress situation, I know it will go bang and hit where I am aiming. I added the clip accessory to the side. This makes it where no holster is needed. It is super light and comfortable. I carry 16 hours a day at work and home doing construction.

Great gun if you know you want a carry gun and not a range gun.

The clip, as bad as it sounds, is exactly why I think I want this gun. It completely eliminates the need for a holster. My problem is I don't think the clip can be used on the left side for lefties, something to do with the slide lock and I don't think they make one specifically for the lefties. Everyone is posting positives so I think I am sold. Did see a youtube video on how a guy modified a right handed clip to work on the left side so that will be it if there is no other choice. Thanks for the info...

sam2007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    PF9

Glad to finally see some positive comments regarding the PF9. While I carryan issued G22 or back up G27 the vast majority of the time, I own a PF9 and ithas been a great pistol. Many of the negative reviews discuss failure to feedissues. I have run several different types of ammo thru the PF9 and actuallytried to limp wrist the weapon to induce a ftf and yet had no problems. I wouldconfidently carry a PF9. Good luck.

PhilDeez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    I also own a PF9. I carry it in a Remora holster. This holster has no clips but has a real grippy material on the outside so the holster can be postioned in the most comfortable fashion. I have a crossbreed holster for this gun, and never use it anymore since I got the remora. Also the remora holster is only about thirty bucks.

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I carry my PF9 often and love it. I put a hogue grip on it and that softened the bite of recoil a bit. I carry it in a DeSantis insider and it disappears, even in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I use my KelTec for summer pocket carry. It has been absolutely reliable and I trust it with my life. There are other manufactures out there that have better quality similar format handguns. But the PF9 has everything I need. That old out dated saying you get what you pay for went out with a lot of other things that used be true that no longer apply.

I like mine so much I know I am keeping it the rest of my life and will hand it down. So I went and had a more durable finish put on the slide, now it is perfect.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I love mine and never leave home without it! I carry a full size EDC, but I throw this little guy in my back pocket and go. I've worked a very good "gimme your wallet" training program with this thing for the unlikely event someone gets the drop on me. Nobody notices the gun, even with the +1 extension (which makes a world of difference in feel and grip) in a big back pocket. Trigger is nice and heavy, but I kind of dislike the full travel reset after each shot. I was completely floored at the sheer violence of this thing going off, it's extremely loud and kicks like no 9mm I've ever shot, and the muzzle flash at night is incredible with Federal HST rounds.

However.......they can be problematic. Mine had a few FTF episodes, and if you have big hands it is easy to hit the slide lock.

All in all I love the little guy and it serves me very well, I trust it almost as much as any other carry piece I have.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just remember any gun can be problematic. There are people that sell their Glock's because they limp wrist them and can't get them to run correctly. 1911's are notorious for being picky on ammo. Yet I have found the lower end 1911's far less picky on what they will eat while higher end 1911's become more picky as the price tag increases. Just my opinion, you got it for free take it for what it's worth.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I absolutely agree with the post above. Great to carry but a pain to shoot at the range. Mine has been 100% reliable. And the price is right also.
    I agree with both of these posts. I bought one a couple of years ago, really liked it and sold it :dunno:
    I had purchase a G36 and fell in love. However I couldn't help it and bought another one just a montho or so ago. They are a handful to shoot, but for the money they are hard to beat. Get ya one

Top Bottom