• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Indiana`s record of prosecuting and severe punishment is abysmal on many levels. Trespass is a glaring example. It`s extremely difficult to get someone prosecuted for trespass, and even if you DO get a prosecution and conviction, the weak and nearly meaningless penalties show how little the THE LEGISLATURE care about the rights of property owners to keep vermin OFF their land.

FIXED IT FOR YOU...

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    FIXED IT FOR YOU...
    The courts too, and maybe the courts foremost. They can dish out sentences harsh enough to deter trespassing, but they clearly don`t feel it`s a serious enough offence to do that. And that`s IF you can even get to the point where there is a court case. It`s mostly impossible to get someone arrested or served for trespass.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The courts too, and maybe the courts foremost. They can dish out sentences harsh enough to deter trespassing, but they clearly don`t feel it`s a serious enough offence to do that. And that`s IF you can even get to the point where there is a court case. It`s mostly impossible to get someone arrested or served for trespass.

Minimums are set by the legislature, so that is where it starts. Then your next big complaint is the DA that pleas everything down to nothing. Courts are rarely involved...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I still say it should be perfectly legal to grab a stick no more than three inches in diameter and beat trespassers as they make their way off of your property.

That said, I own a little 1.7 acre parcel across the road with a creek running through it. I have people on the property pretty regularly and have yet to have anyone ask permission to be there (aside from one INGO member I allow to trap coons). If I see someone over there I'll go introduce myself just so they know that someone owns it and they're paying attention. Thankfully I haven't had to run anyone off for tearing anything up. I'll keep doing what I do as long as no one decides to tear things up or leave a bunch of trash over there.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I still say it should be perfectly legal to grab a stick no more than three inches in diameter and beat trespassers as they make their way off of your property.

That said, I own a little 1.7 acre parcel across the road with a creek running through it. I have people on the property pretty regularly and have yet to have anyone ask permission to be there (aside from one INGO member I allow to trap coons). If I see someone over there I'll go introduce myself just so they know that someone owns it and they're paying attention. Thankfully I haven't had to run anyone off for tearing anything up. I'll keep doing what I do as long as no one decides to tear things up or leave a bunch of trash over there.
    But how ballsy to just help yourself to someone else`s property. I bristle every time I see it or hear about it. I feel that if someone will just help themselves to YOUR property, they`re likely capable of about anything.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I have a better idea. The first time I saw an Asp baton demonstrated on television, they also had a device that looked like one of those early compact vacuums that looked more or less like a chubby swiffer only instead of vacuuming it telescopes under power and you could use it to beat the living **** out of someone. That sounds like the tool we need.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Heaven forbid they get hurt on your property though, you could be taken to the cleaners.
    At my place the heavily armed naked guy tends to deter trespassers, and no, I am not kidding. I live in the middle of a large piece of land for a reason, and uninvited visitors ain’t one of them.

Top Bottom