ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Let's see...

Slightly over 31,000
    Gun was properly designed as was, so the only accessory needed was a holster.
    Cleaned like the rest of my guns... after each firing, weekly when it was my carry gun
    Held up to jungle, desert, arctic without fail
    Please don't take this as a personal attack, but none of those answers point to a Glock or the need to spend the extra money for one. The gun in question was a Taurus Model 99.

Once again, despite the rabid and unsupportable claims of the Glock fanatics, your overrated guns are NOT the only ones that perform as designed. Hate to get ya'lls panties in a wad, but that's just the way it is. Hate to pee on anyone's parade...

I hate to pee on YOUR parade, but your telling me that your tore-ass 99, that you carried while on duty in the air force, functioned perfectly over 31K rounds (about $7.4K) of ammunition and you never had any bad primers or malfuntions? :):

How many times was your pistol rebuilt? 31K rounds is beyond the service life of any gun I am aware of; you should have replaced the barrel, firing pin, and spring set a couple of times by now...

Forgive me, but you are making a wild and unbelievable claim sir. Go ahead and post a similar video! It should be child's play for you wonder gun. :)

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I used to despise Glock until a few months ago when I shot my first G19. The Kool Aid was delicious so I bought another one, and another one! BWAHAHAHA!
    guns004.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I hate to pee on YOUR parade, but your telling me that your tore-ass 99, that you carried while on duty in the air force, functioned perfectly over 31K rounds (about $7.4K) of ammunition and you never had any bad primers or malfuntions? :):

How many times was your pistol rebuilt? 31K rounds is beyond the service life of any gun I am aware of; you should have replaced the barrel, firing pin, and spring set a couple of times by now...

Forgive me, but you are making a wild and unbelievable claim sir. Go ahead and post a similar video! It should be child's play for you wonder gun. :)

Please show where I said, even once, that I carried the Taurus on duty? Waiting... waiting... you can't, because you are lying about what I've said.

What I did do, though, was carry my Taurus as my personal gun off duty, and shoot it heavily for practice and in competition, as I was an active IPSC shooter. So... for benefit of those of you so seriously hampered by facts, lets run through a few shall we?

You seem boggled at the concept of 31K rounds, and claim that number is in excess of the service life of "any gun you are aware of." I would suggest you expand your awareness.. IOW, get a frigging clue about what you are talking about. 31K is well within the capabilities of ANY decent defensive handgun, be it revolver or semi-auto. One thing you did get right is that I did, in fact, replace the recoil spring and recoil spring guide a number of times. I think 3,000 rounds or so is a good spot to do that. Most all good defensive semi-autos will go somewhat further, but 3K is a good place to do it IMHO. It's called "maintainance." I know that is an AWFULLY big word, but it just means taking care of your machine. When your mommy decides you are big enough to have a real gun instead of just playing with toys, try to keep it in mind. Your guns will last longer and work better. That particular Taurus could have gone further than 31K rounds, but I'd already bought a Model 92 to replace it, so when the locking block cracked, I gave it to a friend to repair (it's a fairly cheap fix) so he could start playing in IPSC. So I guess it did go further. When I got rid of it, the barrel was indeed showing wear and pitting, but the gun was still shooting into 6 or 7 inches. Still had some use in it. Others get many more rounds from their guns.

Now, as to how one can shoot that many rounds. At the time I could afford to shoot about as much as I do now, at least as I do now when I'm working and can find components like primers. Heck, even not working I'm going through 250 rounds a month out of just my Beretta. That's 3000 rounds a year right there. However, what I usually shoot, and shot then, is 200 rounds week out of my primary. More from .22s. Then I was single and had the luxury of time and money to have a few extra toys, so I got to add shooting those to my total as well. STOP!!! I'll do the math for you, I don't want you to hurt yourself. 200 rounds a week = 10,400 rounds a year. That costs, at today's prices, about $1,250 annually. SERIOUS competitors scoff at 200 rounds a week. Most of them shoot more than that a day. There are government agencies who are puttng 5,000 rounds a week through their guns. I'm here to tell you, those competitors and those agencies are not buying new guns every couple of months. They maintain (there's that word again, it really is important) them, and keep shooting.

Now, I will certainly forgive you, because it would just be wrong to hold your ignorance against you. But just a little study should show that my "claims" are neither wild, nor unbelievable. They are merely outside the confines of your little world.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I'd bet those 3 makes put together don't sell the number of handguns in a month that Glock sells in a week. Glock sells every pistol they make, and even had to import Austrian built G19's to supplement a shortage in the US due to demand.

Sorry to hear about your situation. If you'd like to sell your "dead weight" Glocks at cost +$10 each, you could probably sell every one of them in a few hours. Care to list the models you've got so us kool-aid drinkers can come down and take them off of your hands? Guns that don't sell aren't making you any money sitting in the case. Better to make $10 a pop on unpopular items that won't sell in your area, recoup your investment, and order inventory that will produce cash flow and keep you in business. Heck, I bet some of us would even pay cost + $20 for those pieces of junk!

Whatta ya say? :)

:rockwoot:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Well as long as the kool-aid keeps coming I'll keep bashing. Glocks are fundamentally flawed guns. They are adequately accurate and reliable, but no more then any other quality firearm. Their design flaws are enough to detract from anything good about them. The irrational devotion to the is nauseating.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Now, I will certainly forgive you, because it would just be wrong to hold your ignorance against you. But just a little study should show that my "claims" are neither wild, nor unbelievable. They are merely outside the confines of your little world.

In what little world is a Taurus with a cracked locking block and a pitted barrel shooting 6 to 7 inch groups after 31,000 rounds considered "surviving arctic, jungle and desert?" I'll take the assessment of professional operators regarding the suitability of a particular make for serious use over some Air Force security guy who carried a pistol around off-duty and shot games with it on the weekends. You'll see a hell of a lot of armed professionals choose the Glock as their handgun of choice, (and Sigs, HKs, etc.) while you'll see virtually NO ONE in the field who chooses a Taurus of any kind.

Arctic, jungle and desert? :laugh:

Thanks for the laugh, buddy! :): You had me going there for a minute!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    In what little world is a Taurus with a cracked locking block and a pitted barrel shooting 6 to 7 inch groups after 31,000 rounds considered "surviving arctic, jungle and desert?"

That would be the real world. If your handlers ever decide you are capable of being out on your own without the harness and helmet, you can begin to understand what that really is. Now, back to sucking your thumb and playing in your dirty diaper. Really, I'm not mocking you. Your poor genetics are no fault of your own.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Well as long as the kool-aid keeps coming I'll keep bashing. Glocks are fundamentally flawed guns. They are adequately accurate and reliable, but no more then any other quality firearm. Their design flaws are enough to detract from anything good about them. The irrational devotion to the is nauseating.

I hear if you rub the buttocks of the John Moses Browning statue in your living room, it makes the Glock nausea go away. Or, for a neat project that should occupy most of your time, you could buy a 3" 1911 and see how many parts you have to order and how much work you have to do on it to make it run as reliably as a subcompact Glock. Take your time.....we'll be here. :)

Glock-Aid-1.jpg

Glock on! :rockwoot:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Or you can buy a S&W 5906 for $300 and have a gun that will outlast Glocks, outshoot Glocks, and o ya its made out of STEEL, none of this crappy plastic.

:):, I jest but sometimes plastic guns arnt the best. :draw:

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    That would be the real world. If your handlers ever decide you are capable of being out on your own without the harness and helmet, you can begin to understand what that really is. Now, back to sucking your thumb and playing in your dirty diaper. Really, I'm not mocking you. Your poor genetics are no fault of your own.

Not surprising that someone who fantasizes about surviving the arctic, jungle and desert (when in reality, he was an Air Force security guy who was merely stationed in a few places) thinks he can make genetic assessments over the internet.

It's ok, Joe. I understand. Role-playing is fun.

For our next adventure, let's rescue the Queen of England from terrorists while armed only with Hi Points. You might bring your Taurus as a backup, because we'll be skiing across the Arctic circle, crawling through the jungle and braving the desert as we set off to avert an international crisis. I'll bring my G19 along, too, since we may be attacked by bottlenose dolphins as we swim the English Channel...and you know a G19 will work underwater, while your Taurus and Hi Point may falter. Don't worry, I've got your back. The code word is banana.

:)

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I held my first RTF Glock at the Indy 1500. Different. I'd have to shoot it to see how much I like it.

How do you?

I love the feel of the RTF2, it really sticks to your hand.
    If you have ever held a GLOCK that has a set of "sand grit" grips on it like the Tru-Grip, Talon Grip, Decal Grip, ect. and not the overly rough stair tape, that's what the feel is.

G22RTF2003-1.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

and yet despite all that, Sevigny wins the Production Division again and again and again.... how is that possible? I mean, he doesn't even swap out the factory barrel, just a trigger spring and sites... How can it be?

He hasn't even blown up yet!!

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I hear if you rub the buttocks of the John Moses Browning statue in your living room, it makes the Glock nausea go away.
    Nope, I already tried that and it didn't work and I'm not willing to see how much I have to rub to get rid of the nausea.

Agent 007 said:
    Or, for a neat project that should occupy most of your time, you could buy a 3" 1911 and see how many parts you have to order and how much work you have to do on it to make it run as reliably as a subcompact Glock. Take your time.....we'll be here. :)

This is the kind of thing I am talking about. Over the top assertions. The unreliable 3" 1911 myth has been proven not to be true. Springfields EMP, Colts Defender and New Agent and more are very just as reliable as a subcompact glock. Do I need to bring up all the G30 issues? I have no reliability complaints with my defender (man I want a New Agent.)

But sure enough, here comes a glock fanatic with inaccurate, over the top, outdated, unsubstantiated claims. But I will bite. Let's say I get ahold of a 3" 1911 and find I'm going to have to buy a few parts to make it more reliable. When I am done I have a reliable, safe, ergonomic, slim, pistol with a trigger pull to drool over. And I bet it will go back into battery too.

Agent 007 said:
    ]
    Glock-Aid-1.jpg

Glock on! :rockwoot:

Liking glocks is fine, but embracing the kool-aid is what attracts the scorn of other gun owners.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    and yet despite all that, Sevigny wins the Production Division again and again and again.... how is that possible? I mean, he doesn't even swap out the factory barrel, just a trigger spring and sites... How can it be?

He hasn't even blown up yet!!

I'm starting to think you have a thing for Sevigny. He has been finding his way into a lot of your posts lately.

Yes, he keeps winning with a glock. Let me tell you what this means. Dave Sevigny is very good. A good shooter with a gun that shoots where you aim it has a good chance of winning. Ok? That's great. You sure told me. This says nothing for the merits of glock. A firearms design has nothing to do with who is shooting it.

You are also correct when you say his glocks have not blown up yet. Which also means nothing. No glock blows up 'till it blows up. Besides a glocks ability to self destruct is just the funniest thing to pick on. It's not necessary first on the list of glock problems.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Let's see...

Slightly over 31,000
    Gun was properly designed as was, so the only accessory needed was a holster.
    Cleaned like the rest of my guns... after each firing, weekly when it was my carry gun
    Held up to jungle, desert, arctic without fail

Please don't take this as a personal attack, but none of those answers point to a Glock or the need to spend the extra money for one. The gun in question was a Taurus Model 99.

Once again, despite the rabid and unsupportable claims of the Glock fanatics, your overrated guns are NOT the only ones that perform as designed. Hate to get ya'lls panties in a wad, but that's just the way it is. Hate to pee on anyone's parade...

You seem boggled at the concept of 31K rounds, and claim that number is in excess of the service life of "any gun you are aware of." I would suggest you expand your awareness.. IOW, get a frigging clue about what you are talking about. 31K is well within the capabilities of ANY decent defensive handgun, be it revolver or semi-auto. One thing you did get right is that I did, in fact, replace the recoil spring and recoil spring guide a number of times. I think 3,000 rounds or so is a good spot to do that. Most all good defensive semi-autos will go somewhat further, but 3K is a good place to do it IMHO. It's called "maintainance." I know that is an AWFULLY big word, but it just means taking care of your machine. When your mommy decides you are big enough to have a real gun instead of just playing with toys, try to keep it in mind. Your guns will last longer and work better. That particular Taurus could have gone further than 31K rounds, but I'd already bought a Model 92 to replace it, so when the locking block cracked, I gave it to a friend to repair (it's a fairly cheap fix) so he could start playing in IPSC. So I guess it did go further. When I got rid of it, the barrel was indeed showing wear and pitting, but the gun was still shooting into 6 or 7 inches. Still had some use in it. Others get many more rounds from their guns.

Hmmm...what other failures happened along the way that you consider "without fail?"

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Hmmm...what other failures happened along the way that you consider "without fail?"

The locking block didn't fail until after the 31K mark, which is why I said "31K without fail." Otherwise the number would have been higher. Or is that concept to difficult to grasp for your simple little mind? Would you like me to break out some crayons and draw a picture for you?

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Joe, I hate to say it, but you're starting to sound like the Mall Ninja thread. Your Taurus is fine. My Glock his fine. Somebody else's XD is fine. I don't care of you drill out a railroad spike and duct tape a hammer handle to it. If it shoots and you like it, use it. If you don't like it, just shut up and laugh behind your hand or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom