• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Hmmm...what other failures happened along the way that you consider "without fail?"

Please don't ask such tough questions. It's not nice, and brings into question your genetics. Apologize now! Operator Joe is appalled that you would dare to question his integrity by pointing out obvious inconsistencies in his online tale. Just accept his Taurus Adventure and move on.

I've got your back, Operator Joe! :draw:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Please don't ask such tough questions. It's not nice, and brings into question your genetics. Apologize now! Operator Joe is appalled that you would dare to question his integrity by pointing out obvious inconsistencies in his online tale. Just accept his Taurus Adventure and move on.

I've got your back, Operator Joe! :draw:

-----------

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Not surprising that someone who fantasizes about surviving the arctic, jungle and desert (when in reality, he was an Air Force security guy who was merely stationed in a few places) thinks he can make genetic assessments over the internet.

It's ok, Joe. I understand. Role-playing is fun.

For our next adventure, let's rescue the Queen of England from terrorists while armed only with Hi Points. You might bring your Taurus as a backup, because we'll be skiing across the Arctic circle, crawling through the jungle and braving the desert as we set off to avert an international crisis. I'll bring my G19 along, too, since we may be attacked by bottlenose dolphins as we swim the English Channel...and you know a G19 will work underwater, while your Taurus and Hi Point may falter. Don't worry, I've got your back. The code word is banana.

:)
    :laugh: Oh, stop, it hurts!:laugh::laugh:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    srsly-u-guys.jpg

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Please show where I said, even once, that I carried the Taurus on duty? Waiting... waiting... you can't, because you are lying about what I've said.

What I did do, though, was carry my Taurus as my personal gun off duty, and shoot it heavily for practice and in competition, as I was an active IPSC shooter. So... for benefit of those of you so seriously hampered by facts, lets run through a few shall we?

You seem boggled at the concept of 31K rounds, and claim that number is in excess of the service life of "any gun you are aware of." I would suggest you expand your awareness.. IOW, get a frigging clue about what you are talking about. 31K is well within the capabilities of ANY decent defensive handgun, be it revolver or semi-auto. One thing you did get right is that I did, in fact, replace the recoil spring and recoil spring guide a number of times. I think 3,000 rounds or so is a good spot to do that. Most all good defensive semi-autos will go somewhat further, but 3K is a good place to do it IMHO. It's called "maintainance." I know that is an AWFULLY big word, but it just means taking care of your machine. When your mommy decides you are big enough to have a real gun instead of just playing with toys, try to keep it in mind. Your guns will last longer and work better. That particular Taurus could have gone further than 31K rounds, but I'd already bought a Model 92 to replace it, so when the locking block cracked, I gave it to a friend to repair (it's a fairly cheap fix) so he could start playing in IPSC. So I guess it did go further. When I got rid of it, the barrel was indeed showing wear and pitting, but the gun was still shooting into 6 or 7 inches. Still had some use in it. Others get many more rounds from their guns.

Now, as to how one can shoot that many rounds. At the time I could afford to shoot about as much as I do now, at least as I do now when I'm working and can find components like primers. Heck, even not working I'm going through 250 rounds a month out of just my Beretta. That's 3000 rounds a year right there. However, what I usually shoot, and shot then, is 200 rounds week out of my primary. More from .22s. Then I was single and had the luxury of time and money to have a few extra toys, so I got to add shooting those to my total as well. STOP!!! I'll do the math for you, I don't want you to hurt yourself. 200 rounds a week = 10,400 rounds a year. That costs, at today's prices, about $1,250 annually. SERIOUS competitors scoff at 200 rounds a week. Most of them shoot more than that a day. There are government agencies who are puttng 5,000 rounds a week through their guns. I'm here to tell you, those competitors and those agencies are not buying new guns every couple of months. They maintain (there's that word again, it really is important) them, and keep shooting.

Now, I will certainly forgive you, because it would just be wrong to hold your ignorance against you. But just a little study should show that my "claims" are neither wild, nor unbelievable. They are merely outside the confines of your little world.

I'm not going to resort to name-calling or insults in my postings sir.

Waiting... waiting... you can't, because you are lying about what I've said.
    You stated that you were in the Air Force, and you also stated that the PT99 was your carry gun at the time. You did not make any distinction between the two statements leading several posters (not just me) to believe that you were claiming to carry the Taurus on duty. These sorts of miscommunication are inevitable when you don't fully explain yourself.

Secondly, let me briefly explain how a debate works: YOU are the one making a claim about your Taurus, thus YOU bare the burden of proof. When this situation occurs, the claim maker (you) is expected to offer convincing proof of their claims validity in a calm and grown-up manner. To your credit, you did make an effort to offer proof, but not without extensive amounts of childish nonsense such as this:

You seem boggled at the concept of 31K rounds
    get a frigging clue
    I'll do the math for you, I don't want you to hurt yourself
    I know that is an AWFULLY big word
    When your mommy decides you are big enough to have a real gun
    confines of your little world
    These sorts of statements are childish and do nothing for your credibility, especially when other posters see that I have debated you in calm and rational manner. Moving on:

I was an active IPSC shooter. So... for benefit of those of you so seriously hampered by facts, lets run through a few shall we?
    That sort of "fact" is something that you should have disclosed BEFORE you claimed to have shot 31K rounds through a gun of any kind, since most shotoers don't use that much ammo in their lives, apart from maybe 22LR. Are we supposed to read your mind? Thats the sort of evidence that, if stated with the original claim, would have lent you a great deal of credibility. The effect of such a claim is dramatically weakened when tacked on as an afterthought.

I did, in fact, replace the recoil spring and recoil spring guide a number of times... It's called "maintainance." I know that is an AWFULLY big word, but it just means taking care of your machine.
    You accuse me of twisting your words, but above we see you doing the very same to me. Lets examine your claim logically: if I didn't know what maintenance was, then how would I know to suggest that the springs would have needed changed? Previously in this very thread I asked another poster how often he cleaned his pistol, thus displaying that I do indeed know about proper cleaning of firearms. I know what maintenance is. Your above statement is just another childish attempt to discredit me.

This is the last I will say on the Issue of your PT-99, as you are obviously not capable of debating in an adult manner. I suggest you befriend JosephR, as the two of you seem to share much in common.

I genuinely hope the remnant of your day is a wonderful one. Perhaps if your blood pressure dropped a little... Have you considered Yoga? Perhaps some primal scream therapy? :)

Last edited:

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    I don't need to see anymore of them here...I have enough of them in my display cases that aren't moving. Other polymer framed pistols like Springfield Armory, FN, and Kahr have passed them by.

I see you were logged on about an hour ago. When can I come down to your shop and relieve you of your Glocks that "aren't moving?" $20 over cost sound good? Hate to see a gun shop go under because of stagnant inventory. You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours. Let's get those boring, non-selling POS Glocks out of your display case, and you can fill your cases with stuff that will bring cash flow and make you some real money! You don't have to put up with this dead weight, and dummies like me who appreciate the simplicy and reliability of these boring plastic things will help you to succeed! You'll never have to look at a Glock again!

Whatta ya say, amigo? :cheers:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yesterday I dropped my Glock onto concrete. The gun sustained zero nicks nor scratches nor dings of any kind.
    The gun was ready to go and did not fire nor did it fail to fire after I picked it up and fired it at a target.

I have at least 2000 rounds on this particular pistol and it's never failed to fire and eject properly. It's never bitten my hand. It comes apart and cleans easily. It goes together easier than it comes apart.

I can also say the same about my Bersa Thunder .380. I've never dropped it though. I'd shoot this gun more often except for the mysterious .380 ammo shortage. My local dealer yesterday told me he had ammo if I purchased a gun. Otherwise there was no ammo :).

I am so fond of my Glock because it's as reliable as my Bersa 380. I remember buying the 380 because of it's great reputation. It turns out that all the good stuff people said about it was true. It would appear that the rep about the Glock is true as well.

The question as to why I dropped my pistol is still unanswered. I was holding it barrel down and it just came out of my hand.

Bersa Thunder 380 :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Wow, this is kind of like the old Harley vs. jap Bike debate. We are talking some SERIOUS brand loyalty here.

Hmm, except, Glocks aren't American made, so, does that mean most Harley riders won't touch em?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Is this yet ANOTHER thread arguing the quality of some firearm over another? Are names being called, and integrity being questioned as well......

come on guys....

just walk away and stop posting...

gunluster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    I'd bet those 3 makes put together don't sell the number of handguns in a month that Glock sells in a week. Glock sells every pistol they make, and even had to import Austrian built G19's to supplement a shortage in the US due to demand.

Sorry to hear about your situation. If you'd like to sell your "dead weight" Glocks at cost +$10 each, you could probably sell every one of them in a few hours. Care to list the models you've got so us kool-aid drinkers can come down and take them off of your hands? Guns that don't sell aren't making you any money sitting in the case. Better to make $10 a pop on unpopular items that won't sell in your area, recoup your investment, and order inventory that will produce cash flow and keep you in business. Heck, I bet some of us would even pay cost + $20 for those pieces of junk!

Whatta ya say? :)

You can have any standard model that I have in stock for $490.00 plus tax. I've got the 19, 17, 22RF, 27, and 23. The 45's and 10mm's are non-selling turds, so I don't stock them. There's no money to made in the selling of Glocks. It's kinda like a Ruger 10/22....You have to keep them in stock, but you cannot make any money on them.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    No doubt. You like Glock, he likes Xd. Leave it at that. Just because you do not prefer a certain brand, does not mean it's not a good choice for someone else. I mean really, are we in highschool or are we adults?

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Yep, time to walk away guys...not a way to represent INGO or fellow firearms enthusiasts. The more we argue amongst ourselves, the easier we're making it for the anti's. I shudder each time I read this thread, and am personally amazed that it's still open.

Shoot what you like, shoot what you can afford; just shoot, and leave the other guy alone!

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I almost bought a glock once ...thought i had found one that i actually liked , then my buddy at the gun shop picked up a beretta and slapped the living hell outta me and brought me back to my senses ...

Laugh all you want, but understand this: That Glock in the skeleton hand in your avatar...that photo was taken in the year 13,500 AD when a new advance race of humanoids was living on Earth. It was uncovered by their archeologist studying the remains of the former inhabitants. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom