Just priced S&W M&P's.. Is this a good deal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimmy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    M&P 15X with troy sights, quad rail......$1,100

M&P 15MOE with sights too.......$900

How good of a deal is this????

Jimmy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    No link, it's a local pawn shop who is a licensed dealer. He carries alot of ar's and was out of S&W and I told him what I was looking for and he gave me those prices.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Not horrible prices (if they are in good condition). I paid like $1200ish from Plainfield Shooting Supplies for a new M&P 15 MOE during the big rush after Obama.

I would be a little leery of buying from a pawn shop but that's just me.

Jimmy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Yup, they are new... That is w/o me trying to talk him down at all. Was trying to get a feel for him. I never dealt with him but he has been around for a while and I taught his kids and other family members so I'm pretty sure he will be a stand up guy if something is wrong with the gun. Small town... :) Also should that price come with a case and clip too?????

JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    Yup, they are new... That is w/o me trying to talk him down at all. Was trying to get a feel for him. I never dealt with him but he has been around for a while and I taught his kids and other family members so I'm pretty sure he will be a stand up guy if something is wrong with the gun. Small town... :) Also should that price come with a case and clip too?????

If it's new it should come with box/case and a MAGAZINE or two.The MOE version probably wouldn't be too bad if you could talk him down around $50 then i'd say go for it.

Jimmy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Roger that and thanks for the help.... Still not sure which one I want to go with though.... M&P 15x or M&P 15MOE

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Roger that and thanks for the help.... Still not sure which one I want to go with though.... M&P 15x or M&P 15MOE

Unless you really need the rails, go with the MOE version...in the future if you want to add a vertical fore grip or a light, you can always buy some rail sections that Magpul has, to add rails to the MOE handguard.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Unless you really need the rails, go with the MOE version...in the future if you want to add a vertical fore grip or a light, you can always buy some rail sections that Magpul has, to add rails to the MOE handguard.

I’ll also echo this....

If you have plans to mount a bunch of gadgets, go with the 15x. If you don’t then go with the MOE. I think the Magpul MOE products are much better then the standard M4 parts (stock, hand guards, grips, etc).

Top Bottom