• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    And I'm quite happy with it :D. I can tell it's going to save me loads of money on ammo already. I'll post a review when I get a chance to shoot it.

Spikes .22lr conversion kit.
    P2040007.jpg

P2040008.jpg

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i'll be interested to hear the results. I have a 10/22 setup with same sites & sling as my 223 for cheaper practice ... not the same thing.

was this very expensive?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm diggin' the bling finish! Do you know what if any changes they made from the Ciener design other than that, and not being complete tools when it comes to customer service? :):

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I bought this from their website for $200, I don't own a ciener so I can't tell what changes spikes made to it, pretty sure the finish is chrome though. Was cieners customer service really that bad?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I like the "unfinished" (unparked) chamber adapter for that, it looks like it could be cleaned FAR easier than rubbing on the Ciener adapter.

That finish looks good, maybe it can help with cleaning and operation of the adapter.

Overall, I'm hella impressed with your new item me man! Waiting with abated and bad breath for the review. Now, if they only made a decent (NON ciener and non-new gun) adapter for my 5.56 AK! :D

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I just got my dedicated upper the other day and am really impressed with the kit. I have even started to reccomend the conversion to a couple guys.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    That's funny, I just received the same exact thing in the mail today (with two mags). I did a lot of research and this kit is the best deal out there. It's $199 and comes with one 27 round mag (extras are $25). The Ciener kit is $189 (so this is only $10 more).

Some unique features not found in any other current conversion kits include: O rings on the chamber adapter to keep the bolt centered in the .223 or 5.56 chamber and to increase the back pressure by sealing the adapter and not allowing so much carbon and gases to blow back, it also comes with a solid plug to take the place of your gas tube for those of you who shoot a lot or want to dedicate your 2.23 or 5.56 upper to .22lr. The coolest upgrade is their electroless nickel finish that requires no lube. And their mags fit my Kel-tec PLR-22 as well.

And they ship within 2 weeks of ordering. Pretty cool. Can't wait to try mine.

I also ordered an upper from Blackthourne (akpartskits.com) for $279 w/o BCG. I know that Blackthourne has a bad rep, but you can't find any other upper for $279. I'm gonna use it as a dedicated 22lr upper with this Spike's kit. So, that's a dedicated 22lr upper for $480. Most dedicated 22lr uppers are $600+ and hard to find. Mine was $480 and can be easily converted back to .223 if I wanted to sell it or trade it.

Now I just need to buy some Federal bulk packs from wally world.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    The Spikes kit is a definate improvement over the one Ceiner sells. It is the same basic design through.

The Spikes kit is nickle plated or chromed, I can't remember which. In addition, you will notice two O-rings on the chamber adapter. These are not present on the Ciener versoin. Per Spikes, these form seals which keep fouling out of the BCG.

Another benefit of puchasing from Spikes is that you are supporting a company that has responded to client input and supports what it sells. Both of these are lacking when you deal with JAC.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OK you guys, I'm NOT a gun builder but want to learn. I'd like a high capacity .22 (10-22 I think) short barrel plinking rifle. I shot a GSG-5 at the range that was really tuned up. It had a fake silencer and looked like an AK from a distance.

I found this Lower in Brownell's latest ad's.

Mfr: CMMG
    Stripped or Fully Assembled With Precision Trigger Group

AR-15 MOD4SA LOWER RECEIVER at Brownells

Any opinions on this vs the weapon in the above Thread?

TK :patriot:

Top Bottom