• ...and so much more!
  • M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Greetings fellow INGO'ers!

I recently purchased a type 53 recently for the whopping price of $45! Now, before you go getting jealous, it's rough.

Not in a metal fatigue sort of way, but from a " I can't believe someone would ' modify ' a firearm like this " sort of way.

The bore looks good and I will be taking it all apart and doing a minor resto on it. One thing that's missing is the rear sight. The idiot who had it last took the rear sight off and put a rail on it.. and not well either :xmad:. It's all wobbly and dumb.

I may swap out the stock for a polymer one or I may keep it and refinish it (that's cheaper).

So my question is: Since the 53 is a "clone" of the M44, are the parts interchangeable? I'm having a hard time finding aftermarket parts for the 53, but the M44 has plenty. I'd like to be able to cheaply modify / fix this thing and have a nice little carbine that shoots a great big .311 round. Great for camping and such.

If they're not interchangeable, what's different? I'm doing my own research but I don't think my Google-fu is very good on this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    From what I could see the Type 53 was a M1944 clone made off transferred Soviet machinery. The only significant differences I could find were in the cleaning rod and some bayonet's.

Good luck.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Thanks Thor!

I thought as much, but since I only paid $45 for it, I'd hate to get into it for a bunch of money only to find that they don't work.

I'm going shopping!

Top Bottom