• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I got to ride in the co-pilot seat in one back in the nineties when it visited the Mt. Comfort Airfield for public rides. I paid an extra $5 and waited my turn to get that seat. The window was open and I could feel the prop wash as the blades went by. Flew over and around Geist Reservroir and back. Was quite the thrill!

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I got to ride in the co-pilot seat in one back in the nineties when it visited the Mt. Comfort Airfield for public rides. I paid an extra $5 and waited my turn to get that seat. The window was open and I could feel the prop wash as the blades went by. Flew over and around Geist Reservroir and back. Was quite the thrill!
    That sounds awesome, I was wanting to ride in the B25j that was at the Anderson Airport on 7/3, but I didn't have an extra $800!

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    That sounds awesome, I was wanting to ride in the B25j that was at the Anderson Airport on 7/3, but I didn't have an extra $800!
    Wow! I think it only cost me $35 at the time.

Sometimes a Huey copter comes to the White River Yacht club and gives rides with the side door open.
    One year there was a M.A.S.H. type copter giving rides for $100 a couple years ago.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Very cool.

A Biplane was crop-dusting across the street the other day. Not as old as the Tri Motor, but still cool not something we see very often.

Last edited:

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I remember seeing one at Bob Shank's airport @ what is now 38th & Georgetown, Indy. Georgetown Rd used to be the airport's driveway, back behind the Lafayette Rd Drive-In.

Top Bottom