Jury duty questionnaire seems intrusive and odd.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We will disagree on per diem, I'll just leave it at that.
    Your point is valid.

Every employer I ever worked for and every company I have ever been involved with would continue pay at standard rate if one was on jury duty.

It does nothing for the one selected for jury duty for whom the cost of being summoned to a jury is more...such as a parent or caretaker who must find somebody to cover for them in order to be represented on the jury as one example. Self employed folks and students are a couple of others.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Then I will consider the wisdom of Thomas Jefferson.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it."
    Does that mean they get an automatic not guilty from you? Just curious.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Your point is valid.

Every employer I ever worked for and every company I have ever been involved with would continue pay at standard rate if one was on jury duty.

It does nothing for the one selected for jury duty for whom the cost of being summoned to a jury is more...such as a parent or caretaker who must find somebody to cover for them in order to be represented on the jury as one example. Self employed folks and students are a couple of others.
    That is where I am coming from. I get paid the same/turn in my per diem if I'm ever called for jury duty. There are folks who are self-employed or don't have this as an option (truck drivers for example) who aren't in the same position.

My wife would get paid the same if on jury duty, wants to be on a jury, has NEVER been called for jury duty.

Many years ago Mom was on jury duty down in Washington County. She got $16/day and was home in time to feed the chickens!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    That is where I am coming from. I get paid the same/turn in my per diem if I'm ever called for jury duty. There are folks who are self-employed or don't have this as an option (truck drivers for example) who aren't in the same position.

My wife would get paid the same if on jury duty, wants to be on a jury, has NEVER been called for jury duty.

Many years ago Mom was on jury duty down in Washington County. She got $16/day and was home in time to feed the chickens!
    I think I understand it

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I answered.

What are your thoughts?
    Sounded like you drew no correlation to secession and sovereign citizen, which is what I was looking for your thoughts on.

From what I gather, sounds like for you serving on a jury, it's more about whether the person being tried is guilty or not guilty according to your/a moral code (as to whether something is a crime or not) vs being guilty as the law would define it for a particular charge.

If that's not how I should have interpreted your response, then please correct my statements.

And I'm honestly not trying to put words in your mouth, but legit trying to decipher your answers.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Well, I did not make the cut for the jury selection. Glad I didn't on this one.

It was another case involving molestation and of a child under 14yo by an adult. I don't think the defense attorney wanted me on the jury after seeing the prior cases / verdicts I was involved with. Fine by me. Those are tough cases for me. Not sure how the attorneys in that arena do it.

I looked up the accused afterwards. Guy seems to be very well known to the courts. Based on the charges listed it looks like he may have some more cases against him involving battery of a minor.

I guess the lessons from previous convictions for theft and beating a pregnant woman causing bodily injury didn't stick too well.

Others here will know better than me, but if he is convicted on this one I believe it carries a fed minimum sentence of 40 years....at least that is what I recall from my last go around.

Evil thrives in a fallen world.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom