• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Naughty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Hendricks County
    The problem with privatization is that those companies almost always start acting as if they're government. Now if we're talking about real privatization and not government handing out a ridiculous contract to a politically connected company I'm all for it.

Let each airline choose how they screen passengers. That way travelers can choose what they're willing to endure.

The TSA needs to go regardless

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Unfortunately, the TSA, like a terminal disease, has metastasized. Mr. Mica should have been thinking beyond the moment when he proposed the TSA. The Law of Unintended Consequences is always in play and never fails to influence the ultimate outcome. It's nice that he sees the error of his ways, now he just needs to do something about it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I'm waiting for TSA control of bike paths with checkpoints to make sure all the little sheep are wearing their protective biking gear.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I'm waiting for TSA control of bike paths with checkpoints to make sure all the little sheep are wearing their protective biking gear.

They already do on some of the trails around Warsaw. I'm told those trails are on private property (a college campus?), but if your not wearing the right gear they'll kick you off and make you go rent it. Clearly, this is not TSA, but it was funny that you used that analogy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Just like the doe, the tsa will continue to bloat, expand and invade. Way too much cash being made by the connected few for it to do otherwise.

the dc way

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    They already do on some of the trails around Warsaw. I'm told those trails are on private property (a college campus?), but if your not wearing the right gear they'll kick you off and make you go rent it. Clearly, this is not TSA, but it was funny that you used that analogy.

Warsaw seems a weeeeee bit too uptight from my experience. :noway:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I don't think there is a chance in hell they will ever dismantle the TSA, first you have all the people that will cry about "job losses", then you have all the people worried about how much money we already spent on the TSA (not how much money we will continue to spend). Then you have all the people in the high ranks that are probably well connected politically.

If anything it will be "rebuilt" as TSA 2.0 new uniforms new jingle, same old infringement.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    There are several branches that need to go fromt he government. The TSA, DEA, BATFE, Homeland Security to name but a few. Just think of he savings to government spending!

As long as whatever private group the airlines hire don't turn into a mercenary-type outfit like others we could all mention..

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    There are several branches that need to go fromt he government. The TSA, DEA, BATFE, Homeland Security to name but a few. Just think of he savings to government spending!

That's a good start...

As long as whatever private group the airlines hire don't turn into a mercenary-type outfit like others we could all mention..

Let each airline hire their own security, and the free market will decide what type of security we want when we fly.

Big Naughty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Hendricks County

The TSA has talked about setting up checkpoints at entrances to places such as shopping malls. As of today I have not read of this going into effect anywhere, but it won't shock me if it does. I do know they've set up flash checkpoints in order to molest passengers not getting on, but getting off of Amtrak trains.

Top Bottom