• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It was brought up in another thread that I may have unwittingly purchased a Billion Dollar Powerball ticket. I am thinking I might want to invest some of those earnings into the formation of a Mercenary Outfit (yes I know Contractor is the current buzz word I just think it sounds weak). I am thinking a Battalion Size Element of Combined Arms, 1 Armored Company, 2 Infantry Companies, 2 Support Companies...

Here is what I was thinking for Equipment...

Basic Weapons
    Sidearm, Sig P226 in .357 Sig.
    Submachinegun, AR Platform chambered in .357 Sig with a 10.5" Barrel.
    Carbine, M-4A1
    Light Machinegun, M-249 SAW
    Medium Machinegun, M-60
    Heavy machinegun, M-2
    Grenade Launcher, M-203/M-320

Indirect Systems
    Light Mortars, 60mm
    Anything larger will be handled by the M-60A3/4 as they are Indirect Fires Capable...

Wheeled Vehicles
    Jeep JK 4 Door converted to Diesels
    M-35A2 Trucks for Cargo Transport.

Tracked Vehicles
    M-60A3/4 Tanks

Rotary Wing Aircraft
    AH-6 for attack/assault

Last edited:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Mortars and RPGs tear up stuff a lot better than rifles and machine guns.

I'd keep the heavy MGs just to keep heads down while you drop HE on them.

I'd forget about helos too. They spend more time in the shop then flying (literally), and they break kind of easy. They're also fuel pigs. That billion won't last long trying to keep a whirly bird in the air.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Only every other man. This is jeremy's army ya know.

FOR THE GLORY OF THE MOSINLAND

enemy2.jpg

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I think you need to throw some MK-19's in there.

As mentioned I'd rather have some good HE or WP to drop in than try to shoot...

You are also going to need some 203's if it comes to needing the rifles...good 203 will put some hurt on in the right hands :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have no military experience, but I have a big griddle for cooking bacon. I think that qualifies me to be a general or something.

I will throw in the bacon if someone pitches in on the eggs. Open fire biscuits and the wife's gravy recipe. I can cook and not a bad shot. Throw in the midget strippers and I'm in.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I think you need to throw some MK-19's in there.

As mentioned I'd rather have some good HE or WP to drop in than try to shoot...

You are also going to need some 203's if it comes to needing the rifles...good 203 will put some hurt on in the right hands :)
    Mk 19's do have the place, maybe after a couple of contracts I would consider spending the cash to and them to the Unit.

As for the M-203, that was an oversight that I should have seen. My only thought on Grenade Launchers, do you go with the M-203 or upgrade to the M-320?! :dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I just need a rifle and a good pair of boots. If you can get me those things, and pay me well enough, we could probably take over the world.
    The pay will be what the Market is willing to support...

Let me know if you need a lackey to clean the firearms.

-J-
    I am sure we can find a Job...
    Will there be midget strippers for one and all?
    Of course, I was thinking of having an "entertainment" Platoon in one of the Support Companies...
    I have no military experience, but I have a big griddle for cooking bacon. I think that qualifies me to be a general or something.
    There will be the need for those that can cook as well. I am a firm believer in a self supporting Unit...

Especially, for those that can cook good bacon... :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Mortars and RPGs tear up stuff a lot better than rifles and machine guns.
    Not a very large fan of RPGs. They are generally slightly better than using Bottle Rockets. Yes I know some of them work quite well, but they do not trump a Main Gun Round.

Mortars, I could field some recommendations for those. Not really my realm of expertise. I am thinking you would need Systems light enough the Infantry can Maneuver and Employ them quickly for their immediate use. But, also a set heavy enough that can be deployed from a Static Location for Supporting Fires.
    I'd keep the heavy MGs just to keep heads down while you drop HE on them.
    Every tried to dismount a Heavy MG?!
    I am thinking of keeping more towards a Light (Motorized) Infantry outfight as opposed to a Mechanized Infantry Unit. At least initially...
    I'd forget about helos too. They spend more time in the shop then flying (literally), and they break kind of easy. They're also fuel pigs. That billion won't last long trying to keep a whirly bird in the air.
    That is what the Contracts are for... ;)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Nice list. Not sure about the 226 or the JK but I've used worse.
    I am open to suggestions...

I was thinking on the JK Rubicon with a Conversion to a Diesel Engine, say a Cummins 4BT. Light Nibble and fairly durable.

Would not be opposed to something like a Land Rover, or a Mercedes Benz G Class...

Top Bottom