• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I've never found a pair of jeans that have pockets big enough so I don't feel like I'm shoving my hands into a vise whenever I need to get something out of my pocket. If I clip a knife to the pocket, I'm basically risking scratching my hands when I reach down to get my keys. No, I haven't been shopping in the women's section.

Are there jeans with pockets comparable to a regular pair of pants or even to "tactical" pants?

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I like Carhartt dungaree jeans. They have larger pocket openings that are slanted. Only their dungarees have them though, their traditional "5 pocket jeans" have regular pockets.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I've never found a pair of jeans that have pockets big enough so I don't feel like I'm shoving my hands into a vise whenever I need to get something out of my pocket. If I clip a knife to the pocket, I'm basically risking scratching my hands when I reach down to get my keys. No, I haven't been shopping in the women's section.

Are there jeans with pockets comparable to a regular pair of pants or even to "tactical" pants?

yes.
    The size larger than you are currently wearing.
    :whistle:

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    Duluth Trading Company. I've now got 5 pair of their pants: 2 of the Firehose Flex, 2 of the Midweight Carpenter pants, and 1 of the heavier weight cargo pants. Absolutely love them. They are worth the money.

EDITED:
    They have frequent promotions. Wait for their 20% off sale(s).

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Have you found any quality issues with the Lee? I've had two pair and both somehow started to tear near the back pocket. I read an Amazon review and someone had the same problem as well.

No I've not. I wear them in shorts as well as regular jeans. Right rear pocket carries my wallet along with my EDC knife clipped to the top of the pocket, no problem. I wear them until my wife determines in her infinite wisdom I "need" to replace them. 2-3 yrs at a time I'd guess.
    Most of mine come from the Lee outlet mall in Hanson Ky.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I think you just need to buy a size larger... I wear GAP and Levi jeans. Both fit fine and have ample pockets. I have some in smaller sizes than others. Then you can have trouble getting your hand in the pocket. The larger sizes, no problem.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Only jeans I buy anymore are the Ballroom Firehose Jeans from Duluth Trading. They are also guaranteed forever.

"If you’re not 100% satisfied with any item you purchase from Duluth Trading, return it to us at any time for a refund of its purchase price. Simple, unconditional, no nonsense, NO BULL.”

I busted the zipper on a pair that was almost 3 years old....called them up, they said send them in and pay the postage. A week later I got back a brand new pair.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There's some literal "fancy pants" in this thread. I buy my jeans at Big R and feel like I've been ripped off if I have to pay over $9. You have to watch for the sales.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Only jeans I buy anymore are the Ballroom Firehose Jeans from Duluth Trading. They are also guaranteed forever.

"If you’re not 100% satisfied with any item you purchase from Duluth Trading, return it to us at any time for a refund of its purchase price. Simple, unconditional, no nonsense, NO BULL.”

I busted the zipper on a pair that was almost 3 years old....called them up, they said send them in and pay the postage. A week later I got back a brand new pair.
    I have never heard of a pants guarantee like this!I wear dung/carpenter pants,and 1 year,mabye longer,they are going to heck.How much are these things?

Top Bottom