• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Whoa, Nelly! That's a long way from home for these fellas.

Japanese Troops Deploy To South Sudan Risking First Overseas Conflict Since World War II" | Zero Hedge

20161121_navy.jpg

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Very strange from a nation that has worked hard to be purely defensive.

Possibly wanting modern combat experience in the face of rising Chinese aggression?

I always thought it was one of the great moments of history that Japan started a war with us, got their rears kicked, nuked twice, and ended up becoming a very strong ally of ours. Now that's called winning a war.

Many wishes of safety from BogWalker to the Japanese troops.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Possibly wanting modern combat experience in the face of rising Chinese aggression?

I always thought it was one of the great moments of history that Japan started a war with us, got their rears kicked, nuked twice, and ended up becoming a very strong ally of ours. Now that's called winning a war.

Made in Japan. Made in China....

How long will their weapons work?

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    Japan's new government is really starting to flex their muscles. Honestly, I kind of like it. I would love to see all of these countries where the US military is currently deployed start to take a more active role in their defense and we can bring our guys home.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Japan's new government is really starting to flex their muscles. Honestly, I kind of like it. I would love to see all of these countries where the US military is currently deployed start to take a more active role in their defense and we can bring our guys home.

Given the capabilities of Japan's military, for a long while, they are more than capable of taking care of themselves. We're not in Japan to protect them, we're there because it strategically important. Japan is certainly one of the top militaries in the world.

lstout

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 16, 2016
    NW Indy
    This makes for interesting foreign policy. China buys 75% of Sudan's Oil. Looks like Japan is threatening China's interests.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This makes for interesting foreign policy. China buys 75% of Sudan's Oil. Looks like Japan is threatening China's interests.

It's a UN peacekeeping op, so they can't be there in enough numbers to threaten anything.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Or you could think of it as the Japanese allying with the greatest military power in the world, getting their rears kicked, then allying with the next greatest military power in the world...

Top Bottom