Jan '12 1500: So, what'd ya get? (pic heavy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well just got back from the show, and it was crazy busy when I walked out around 10:15, the parking lot was packed with people making there own spots. I arrived right @ 8 turning in off Fall Creek to be directed to the far right lane as I approached the parking attendent lady she wobbled over to her chair and plopped down, here im thinking wtf she looks at me and signals go ahead. I was like woooohoooo free parking shwing. I dont know if she thought I was a vendor or what but I wasnt complaing. now I was standing in line and a gentleman exits the side door and asks if id like a free ticket I said uh yeah. So free parking + free admission=:rockwoot: I couldnt of been happier. The only thing I bought was from SSNFA and its coming soon. :D

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bought a bunch of ammo, nylon holsters, pistol carry zippered bags, snap caps, a knife with spring assist, more LED micro flashlights.

Most importantly, I met Que and bought an INGO beer mug and chamber flag for the AK. He's a nice guy but I have been pronouncing his username wrong for awhile!

Freaking cold BTW in the opening line.

Edit: beer mug is for me, not the AK
    Did you think it was Que' (as in Spanish for "what?") like I did? :):

motoNick24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Memphis
    I stopped in on Friday a few hours after they opened and picked up a Ruger LC9, a Bersa 380 Thunder Duo-tone and some rounds that I can't wait to put through both of them...

Really wanted to stop by the INGO booth, but ran short on time.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    For $850 I got a Hi-point 9mm that according to the seller was once used by a US Secret Service Agent as his duty weapon. I think that's cool. It may have even been used to guard a former President or foreign dignitary. I'm going to keep it in my safe and pass it down to my granchildren. And yes, of course I am kidding. I didn't go.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Thought about breaking my anti-1500 vow and heading out to check out some component and powder prices - but instead came down with a terrible respiratory infection and I'm not going anywhere. I think it's a sign.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Went back today and picked up a Kahr cm9 from zx. Paid $389 for it new. I'm happy with that. Also paid my sight supporter money to Que. Gonna meet some friends tomorrow morning. This is the first time that I will be there all three days.

Last edited:

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Let's see......people who made out like bandits at the 1500.

1) Parking attendent admission takers.

2) Indy 1500 admission takers.

I was absolutely dumbfounded at the amount of "stuff" going on at the fairgrounds, making it absolutely miserable to find a parking spot, within reasonable walking distance. When we left, there were still people wrapped around the building almost to the main entrance. Unless they find a new location with more space, wider aisles, I may never go again. It's remarkable you can fit so many inconsiderate morons in one place, but they never fail to come through on that one. You can find the most out of the way corner to collect yourself, and get out of the "lines", and some jerk will run into you or want your space. I don't understand why people are so hepped up on the great pricing of things, when most places are as close to retail as you can get. I see dealer pricing, and I very rarely buy anything gun related there, because people are just too high. My wife and I usually get a few non-gun related stuff, but with the absolute squash of people this time, it was totally miserable. I didn't to see any of my buddies because I just don't like to fight getting to their tables. Obviously, people are doing OK in the economy, as there were lots of people seeemingly buying stuff, and I just cannot believe the crowds. Even the fire marshal was involved with the entrance/exit process, as they didn't want too many people in the building at one time.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I got a M&P.45, 1 holster, 2 gun belts, & 250 rounds of ammo. I love the gun, but am disappointed I'm not shooting it as accurately as I shot a friends .40 M&P last summer. There sure were a lot of people there.

DSCN0405.jpg

Top Bottom